gtvlusso
gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
edited August 2010 in Commuting chat
Go on then - whats yours?!

A couple of mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IONyLZn0pLI

Or:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8Nf1MK7lts

I don't think I could have kept a straight face through either!

john-turturro-as-jesus-quintana1.jpg

Comments

• SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    The way Lori Petty says "What?" in Tank Girl when she breaks the Water and Power soldier's neck on the troop transporter - Class!
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    death star explosion in original Star Wars - I still can't watch in case he misses!

The "realisation" scene at the end of Usual Suspects.

Woodchipper scene in fargo.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Butch and Sundance jumping off the cliff.

The train chase in The Wrong Trousers

"We're Gonna Need A Bigger Boat" from Jaws
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • The "Tiny Dancer" bus scene in Almost Famous.

Or the entire movie, for that matter....
  • FeynmanC
    FeynmanC Posts: 649
    Cameron Diaz's entrance in The Mask.
    us0.png
  • Craggers
    Craggers Posts: 185
    the 'shake your tailfeather' scene in Blues Brothers
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Pretty much the whole of The Blues Brothers. I even have them as my desktop wallpaper. :D Nothing garish; it's quite subtle:

desktop-2009-04-23.png
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • Lazarus
    Lazarus Posts: 1,426
    Jamie Lee Curtis doing that dance in True Lies :D

Erica Elniak jumping out of the cake in Under Siege :D
    A punctured bicycle
    On a hillside desolate
    Will nature make a man of me yet ?
  • blu3cat
    blu3cat Posts: 1,016
    Robert De Niro turning up as the plumber in Brazil. Genius.
    "Bed is for sleepy people.
    Let's get a kebab and go to a disco."

FCN = 3 - 5
    Colnago World Cup 2
  • jamesco
    jamesco Posts: 687
    PBo wrote:
    Woodchipper scene in fargo.

That scene was when I realised that "Black Comedy" didn't necesarily mean "haha funny". Top movie.

Anything from Pulp Fiction is a great scene, surely? Tell me again about the hash bars...
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I wonder what DDD thinks of the 5 seconds from 4:20 your second link?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    Jack Nicholson "Where's Johnny?" The Shining.

Jack Nicholson "Just your average horny little Devil" The Witches of Eastwick

At the start of the Italian Job, Matt Munro singing, and then the boys meet the Mafia led by Raffaele Vallone who push the fast cars off the mountain side and who says "Well gentlemen...it's a long walk back to England...and it's that way".

Michael Caine at the end of the film "Hang on a minute lads, I've gotta great idea..." The Italian job

Michael Douglas interviewing Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct.

Michael Douglas in Falling Down the whole film.

Roger Moore in The Man with the Golden Gun when he drives the red Torino over the rickety bridge with the yanky tourist cop as passenger.

Sean Connery and Ursula Undress on the beach in Dr No.

North by Northwest where Cary Grant is waiting out in the middle of nowhere for some one who doesn't exist and is being watched, buzzed and shot at by the light aircraft.

Omar Sharif riding from afar up to Peter O'Toole and Anthony Quinn who are drinking at his well. Also when Lawrence is promoted to Major and is invited by Jack Hawkins into the officers club for a drink still dressed in his robes. Lawrence of Arabia.

Car chase with Gene Hackman driving under the subway in French Connection.

"Broadsword calling Danny Boy" Where Eagles Dare, the cable car scene where Richard Burton jumps from one to t'other.

Sir Lawrence Olivier saying to Dustin Hoffman "Is it safe? Is it safe?" In Marathon Man.

A Fistful of Dollars, the cemetary scene where Eli Wallach, Lee Van Cleef and Clint Eastwood are trying to find out which grave the loot is buried in but they each only have one piece of info to find the headstone among thousands.

The cheeky trucker gets his come uppance in Thelma and Louise.

Life of Brian the whole film.

Ice Cold in Alex where they come out the desert and order the beers in the officers' mess.

Blues Brothers scenes where they visit the Sisters at the start where Elwood says "We're on a mission from God" and then toward the end where the Nazis jump off the bridge to avoid being run over by the motor home be driven straight toward them by Jake and Elwood. Class.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    The stink god scene in Spirited Away, from its entrance to the bit where all the gunk comes out and the god leaves.

And the rest of the film.
  • Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    When John Connor and the T800 are in the middle of rescuing Sarah Connor from Pescadero Mental Hospital and are being chased by the T1000.

My favourite specific moment, is when the T100 comes up to the steel railings security door, after a moment, he moves through it, but just as he has passed through, his gun catches and he has to wriggle it to get through.

Excellent attention to detail.
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Saw Scott Pilgrim..... yesterday, theres a tiny background bit near the end that is almost irelevant to the rest in the way coins fall onto the floor in the final night club fight scene, clever, funny and attention to detail. I like bits like that where the director doesn't need to do it but still does.

Star wars opening sequence as the star destroyer comes overhead, most of the rest of star wars.

6th sense: I'm ready to share my secret, I see dead people. still makes me shiver.

the close encounters bit where Richard Dreyfuss is shown a picture of the mountain and says 'yeah I've got one just like it in my living room'

All of Monty Python and the Holy Grail
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    Jason Bourne (Bourne Supremacy) telling Pam Landy to "get some rest" because she looked tired, whilst he watched her from across the street from another building. The whole of the CIA is after him and he's in a building next to the CIA outpost. Eat your heart out 007.
  • Reykjavikian commuter with his knees in a bunch

Scott Speedster S30 FCN 5 / Jamis Durango SX FCN 11
  • Cychologist
    Cychologist Posts: 39
    edited August 2010
    dbl post
    Reykjavikian commuter with his knees in a bunch

Scott Speedster S30 FCN 5 / Jamis Durango SX FCN 11
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The graveyard scene in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.
  • prb007
    prb007 Posts: 703
    If Wales was flattened out, it'd be bigger than England!
    Planet X Ti Sportive for Sportives & tours
    Orange Alpine 160 for Afan,Alps & dodging trees
    Singlespeed Planet X Kaffenback for dodging potholes
    An On-One Inbred for hard-tail shenanigans...
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 290
    Tonymufc wrote:
    Jason Bourne (Bourne Supremacy) telling Pam Landy to "get some rest" because she looked tired, whilst he watched her from across the street from another building. The whole of the CIA is after him and he's in a building next to the CIA outpost. Eat your heart out 007.

pedant mode on:
    Bourne: "there was a girl in Paris, she was part of the programme. I want her to bring me in"
    Landy: "What if we cant find her?"
    Bourne: "It's easy, she's stood right by you"

/pedant mode
    B'Twin Sport 1
    FCN 7 =4, +2(non cycling clothes) +1(beard)
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    The Return of the King

Theoden - Ride! ride now to ruin and the worlds ending

That scene still gives me goosebumps
  • supersonic
    Why spend an extra thousand quid on a titanium frame when any advantage is lost by the weight of a flask of soup and a cheese sandwich ?

Hmm, for another day lol.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    For me its Sexy Beast.

The bit where Don (Ben Kingsley) is telling Gal (Ray Winstone) He will do one last job
    How does a guy who's Played Ghandi play such a convincing Psychopath.

Winstone's got to have a foot and 6 stone on the guy but your still convinced Kingsley would f**k him up in a second no wonder his Misus uses him to re tile the pool.

Classic. Tinie Tempah's even used the scene as a start to a track.
  • supersonic
    Speaking of Winstone, Scum, when he puts the pool balls in a sock and whacks Daniels.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    tim wand wrote:
    For me its Sexy Beast.

The bit where Don (Ben Kingsley) is telling Gal (Ray Winstone) He will do one last job
    How does a guy who's Played Ghandi play such a convincing Psychopath.

Winstone's got to have a foot and 6 stone on the guy but your still convinced Kingsley would f**k him up in a second no wonder his Misus uses him to re tile the pool.

Classic. Tinie Tempah's even used the scene as a start to a track.

great film - kingsley just keep repeating one word - is it "yes"? - until winstone agrees.

Cychologist - I think maybe you do win!
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    dcurzon wrote:
    Tonymufc wrote:

pedant mode on:
    Bourne: "there was a girl in Paris, she was part of the programme. I want her to bring me in"
    Landy: "What if we cant find her?"
    Bourne: "It's easy, she's stood right by you"

/pedant mode

You're both right.
    Bourne does the same thing twice.
    The first time is when he's watching Landy and sees the girl stood next to Landy and again later at the end of the film when he's watching Landy and tells her she looks tired.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Withnail attempting to give a pee sample, Withnail and I
    David Niven in burning bomber radioing Kim Hunter as he heads for oblivion, A Matter of Life and Death
    Harrison Ford dancing with Kelly McGillis, Witness - and the barn raising too while you're at it
    Just about anything featuring Erich von Stroheim, Kirk Douglas, Nicole Kidman or Kate Winslet (OK not Titanic)
    "Consider the grebe..."