Fly-V team

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited August 2010 in Pro race
Really staying under the radar for a squad who want to be PT next year.

They've signed Trent Lowe, and will be called Pegasus Racing Team. Word is they're trying to get Lancaster and Haussler onboard.

And there is a 2nd Oz team looking to be in the top tier in Europe in 2012.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    It's not enough we have loads of bloody aussies in the peleton now we have to have a team of em as well!
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    If Trent Lowe is your headline signing, I think you're in for a tough season.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Lightweight. Cycling doesn't need more teams.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555
    It cseems that the demise of Cervelo will allow them to target Hushovd, Haussler, Lancaster as future signings.

http://www.velo-club.net/article?sid=59610

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/australian-protour-team-targets-haussler-lancaster-and-hushovd
  • iainf72
    Lightweight. Cycling doesn't need more teams.

Teams come and go. New teams coming in is a good thing.

I think Fly-V were the winningest team in the world last year.
  • frenchfighter
    Winning against similar quality teams doesn't mean they can win against the big guns.

When you say 'winningest' do you mean they got the greatest number of wins? I didn't check much except the team victory ranking on CQ - they had three wins and a placing of 96th.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    Winning against similar quality teams doesn't mean they can win against the big guns.

When you say 'winningest' do you mean they got the greatest number of wins? I didn't check much except the team victory ranking on CQ - they had three wins and a placing of 96th.

Number of victories was around 96 for the year. Sure, in smaller races of course. But I think it's interesting they've been riding around the world and are going to scale up. Ok, you have to get the riders to compete in Europe but it's an interesting project.

With French and Spanish teams barely clinging to life this is a good thing (like GEOX and the Schleck team)
  • frenchfighter
    96 wins?!

Where do you get that info from? Unless the CQ team victory ranking is totally screwed. HTC topped the list with 85 wins and Saxo were 2nd with 44.....
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Also, Australian Road Cycling (no idea) are also trying to step it up and be in the mix in 2012.....
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Contador is the Greatest
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    96 wins?!

Where do you get that info from? Unless the CQ team victory ranking is totally screwed. HTC topped the list with 85 wins and Saxo were 2nd with 44.....

Wins don't count unless FF has heard of them :lol:
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    Cycling is always in need of new teams and new sponsors. I'm happy to the Aussies getting involved.