My new favorite thing...

max888
max888 Posts: 206
edited August 2010 in The bottom bracket
ACF 50, an anti corrosion spray, works on virtually everything that corrodes and gets rid of any too. Brilliant!!

"ACF-50, Active Thin Fluid Film chemistry penetrates corrosion deposits where it chemically emulsifies and displaces the electrolyte. This isolation process keeps the corrosion cell deactivated."

Buy some!!!

Max

Comments

• guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    I use it on the motorbike every winter.

The US navy use it to protect their planes on aircraft carriers.

Awesome stuff.
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    Max888 wrote:
    ACF 50, an anti corrosion spray, works on virtually everything that corrodes and gets rid of any too. Brilliant!!

"ACF-50, Active Thin Fluid Film chemistry penetrates corrosion deposits where it chemically emulsifies and displaces the electrolyte. This isolation process keeps the corrosion cell deactivated."

Buy some!!!

Max

WHERE FROM?
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • Max888 wrote:

Buy some!!!

Max

WHERE FROM?

Plenty of the stuff on eBay :wink:
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,551
    http://www.jaws-motorcycles.co.uk/acf.htm once you include postage they're usually cheaper than ebay

it's excellent stuff, use sparingly as a little goes a long way

i put a dab inside hex bolt heads, screw heads etc. to stop them rusting, and also put some inside the bb shell to deter long term problems with crud getting in there and seizing up the threads
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny