Road tyres for my MTB

dsallanson
dsallanson Posts: 9
edited August 2010 in MTB buying advice
I am looking for road tyres for my bike GT Aggressor. Currently has the standard tyre from GT 26 x 2.1, what tyres are recommended?

Comments

• Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    I had Conti Contact Sport 1.6.

They were excellent giving almost no resistance but I got fed up with swapping tyres and bought a road bike.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • LjStronge
    LjStronge Posts: 287
    but I got fed up with swapping tyres and bought a road bike.

lol, Classic!

I have a pair of city jets, cheap but they do the job
    Specialized Rockhopper Comp 2009.
  • vmgscot
    vmgscot Posts: 120
    Been running some Conti Sport Contact 1.3 on my old C'dale rigid MTB and they don't arf fly....Bought from on one (£10 each at present) and they even came with inner tubes as well (unsure if they still do).
    vmgscot
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    LjStronge wrote:
    but I got fed up with swapping tyres and bought a road bike.

lol, Classic!

:lol::lol:

There is a bit of a story behind it. My missus prefers road biking and said she would come mtb'ing with me if I came out on the roads. Trying to keep up with her on her road bike was killing me. She is a fitness fanatic, I am happier in the pub than the gym. I may have put up with changing tyres if I had been able to keep up but it got to me hating putting them on as I knew the next few hours would be demented torture. The Sport Contacts were lightning fast but a road bike is that much faster again. I can now keep up for the first 30ish miles.

My 1.6s came with tubes too and you get a one year puncture guarantee.

I recommend them.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • davewalsh
    davewalsh Posts: 587
    I've got Conti Sport Contact 1.6's on my commuter, very fast rolling & still big enough to absorb the shocks from potholes. Only had one visit from the fairy who must not be named in 3 years :D
  • Great thanks, have just ordered Continental Sport Contact Reflex Tyre - 26 x 1.6 so hopefuly they will be ok
  • Great thanks, have just ordered Continental Sport Contact Reflex Tyre - 26 x 1.6 so hopefuly they will be ok