Bealach Mor Sportive 4th Sept

heidthebaw
heidthebaw Posts: 3
Anyone else doing this?

Never done one of these before. Just set off whenever you fancy between 9 and 10?

Biked a good few cols in the Alps this summer so can't wait...

HTB

Comments

• There's a group of us going through for this next weekend. Excellent route fantastic scenery. Head off whenever suits between 9 & 10 electronic timing. I'm hoping for better weather this year.
  • holmeboy
    holmeboy Posts: 674
    Wind direction will determine setting off time. 2 years ago the wind was from the East and we got to the start of the Bealach before they opened the road. The year before it was from the West and the road from the roundabout at Achnasheen to Lochcarron was hard work. Enjoy!
  • Was planning to go off as late as possible and hopefully get in with a good bunch as i'm on my own. If you arrived too early for the road closure did you have to wait then? Or did they let you through anyway? Would have thought a few folk misjudge the time...
    HTB
  • You have to wait till the road is cleared best not to set off too early. If your on your own get in a good group but remember to share the work. I've been on a few sportives where folk just wheelsuck for miles & don't even acknowledge the guys who are doing the work.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Any rumblings from the local nimbys this time?
  • Entered but not going.

Training was going well til mid summer then it all fell to bits for a couple of reasons, (mostly work related).

Also not too keen on the hi-viz bit. Hadn't read about the rule change when I entered but was going to go along with it. This was going to be the last one though. Thoroughly enjoyed the three I've done but it's a long way away and the fuss about the road closure has taken some of the pleasure out of it.

Good luck and hopefully good weather for anyone going.
  • Heading up the road tomorrow afternoon. So long as the weather stays good I think I'll have a good time. Just hope the legs last a bit longer than they did on the Southern Uplands Sportive earlier in the year - the last 30 miles were tough going!