Camelbak Cloud walker or Mule

Skerryman
Skerryman Posts: 323
edited August 2010 in MTB buying advice
Hi all, just looking for a bit of advice regarding camelbak's. Seen the both the Cloud Walker and the Mule in Halfords and was veering towards the Cloud Walker but having doing a bit of searching on the two I'm beginning to wonder if the Cloud Walker is geared more towards hiking. Capacity wise I don't think I really need the 3 L the Mule offers and it looked a bit tight for packing rain jacket etc into. Just wondering if anyone has opinions on the two or preferences of one over the other before I order off Ribble tomorrow. Also are Ribble OK haven't ordered from them before? Thanks in advance for the advice from all the wise sages out there :D

Comments

• Lucozade1
    Lucozade1 Posts: 171
    i have the Mule NV, great pack, you do not have to fill the 3 litre capacity remember but its there if you need it, all latches straps and catches are in the right place and it sits really well when riding or walking due to the D connection points, plenty of room for jacket, spare socks, tools and grub etc. can fit helmet in the front when in transit. Havent seen the cloud walker, but the mule is definitley designed for biking... I got mine from Merlins and were just about best deal with exception of wiggle, but i was after the black one so went to Merlins.
    Hope this helps. Good luck :)
    It's all in the glory!!!

2011 Giant Trance X2
    [url=ihttp://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa452/Lucozadejim/MyMachine4.jpg]ihttp://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa ... chine4.jpg[/url]
    2008 Rockrider HT
  • nickfrog
    nickfrog Posts: 610
    Mule from Merlin, can't go wrong.
  • Just got a Mule from Merlin, they have a good deal on at the moment.
  • Skerryman
    Cheers for the advice guys much appreciated. Gonna go with the Mule so I reckon. Was gonna order it off Ribble cos I'm getting a Xen off them too. Pity Merlin don't have the Xen in the colour I want, could've saved some cash on the postage and got both off them. Unless of course I settle for the black Xen. hmmm
  • Skerryman wrote:
    Cheers for the advice guys much appreciated. Gonna go with the Mule so I reckon. Was gonna order it off Ribble cos I'm getting a Xen off them too. Pity Merlin don't have the Xen in the colour I want, could've saved some cash on the postage and got both off them. Unless of course I settle for the black Xen. hmmm

Merlin don't charge for postage.
  • Skerryman
    Skerryman wrote:

Merlin don't charge for postage.

I'm in Ireland and according to the website they charge £7.50 for orders under £100. Either way its still a good price. Think I'll pick one up next week.