garmin cadence (on 2 different bikes)

redvision
redvision Posts: 2,958
edited August 2010 in Road beginners
hiya

im thinking of buying a second cadence sensor for my spare (winter) bike instead of fiddling about changing it from my race bike and back.

im just wondering how it would work having a different cadence sensor on each bike, but only one edge 500 computer? i mean will i have to sync each sensor if i switch between bikes? or can you have more than 1 cadence sensor synced to 1 computer? (obviously not at the same time)

:?

Comments

• RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Hi Redvision

I'm pretty sure the best option is to go for extra sensors rather than keep swapping across. Then it's just a case of inputting the settings you need for Bike2.

When you select Bike 2, go into the ANT+ settings and enable the sensors for the second bike. Pair the second Bike profile with the second set of sensors....looking out for those green and red lights as you did for Bike1; then it will be remembered for future use. Job done. Select the bike profile you want to use and everything should be fine. Don't have the first sensor active or close by when you configure the second bike profile though.

All the best, Ron.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    brilliant!

thanks for the advice. i didnt realise you could do that. i honestly thought i would have to sync it everytime.

thanks for the tip! :D
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Make sure the bikes are at least 8 foot apart when pairing the other cadence sensor up. If I do mine when close to the other bike I get a 'multiple sensor found' message on screen. One way to cure it is to pair up in the hallway with the kitchen door shut.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.