3500 miles..!

bristolpete
bristolpete Posts: 2,255
Funny thing, but I sat down looking at my mileage for the period 30th March to last weekend. Have covered 3500 in my log and pretty pleased with that. If you recall my weight thread I smashed my target of loosing 2 stone and I have now changed Nutrionist as my new advisor is a cyclist and I have set the goal of getting down to 80kg by my 39th birthday. More than doable with the right commitment.

I have come on leaps and bounds this year, so much so that I much prefer riding with a 12-25 or a 12-23 cassette now and my climbing is better on a 25 rather than a 27 or 28 I had to have a year ago. Hills are not an issue now but I need to start doing more interval work for some of the rolling terrain over in Wales, up and down stuff rather than climbing, which I will look at in the coming months, but overall my advice to anyone still 1,2 or 3 years into their riding, it gets there. As that bloke said at SKY 'small margins and all that'....

Overall, it has been a great Summer of riding a few weeks left. The only thing that could have made it better is buying a Super Six hi-mod instead of my lardy Dogma, but hey ho, live and learn, live and learn.

Comments

• ut_och_cykla
    ut_och_cykla Posts: 1,594
    Congrats on big steps forward and enjoyiing it all!
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Congrats, I always rememberd when I tootled around on my MTB every day and I eventually hit the 1000 mile mark, I was amazed and thought how could this be possible, 1000 miles on a bike :o, Now I do it every month :p