Colnago C40

AlanJett
AlanJett Posts: 6
edited August 2010 in Your road bikes
Please can anyone tell me if there is a serial number on the Colnago C40 I have looked everwhere except under the Cable Guide beneath Bottom Bracket. Some one has told me they might not have them on this model. I have written to Colnago UK but have had no reply. Any help would be appreciated Alan

Comments

• leeroy72
    leeroy72 Posts: 330
    Ah the C40 serial number...Unfortunately you have to cut the top tube off at the head tube end and the number will be revealed on the underside of the tubing. Then you need to return the frame to the Cambiago factory to be repaired and that's it really.

Hope this helps.....

Only joking, don't go getting the hacksaw out....could be on the fd braze on....
    Find your limits...and then exceed them frequently
  • Damn I had the hacksaw and cut before I saw the end of your letter. Never mind its all in a day.
  • Evil Laugh
    Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
    Call maestro bikes and ask the dude there. Beware, he may call a spade a spade.
  • Can you explain what you mean call a spade a spade if I call him, dont they like to inform without buying something from them
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Lol if you really did it!!!!!!
  • leeroy72
    leeroy72 Posts: 330
    So pleased you never got the hacksaw out AlanJett......do a google search mate that might help.... 8)
    Find your limits...and then exceed them frequently
  • shipley
    shipley Posts: 549
    I eventually found mine on the front derailleur brazed on bracket having asked Colnago for some locations.
  • Thank you so much for your reply which was spot on I found it on that bracket, Think Colnago think we are contortionists lol. The problem was I found 88/ but where the other number or letter should be the paint was missing. I will write to Colnago Italy but its not often you get a reply. Thank you so much Alan