Dalbeattie facilities

Kiblams
Kiblams Posts: 2,423
edited August 2010 in Routes
We (me and the wife) are off to Dalbeattie this weekend for a ride and to collect some stuff, and I am just wondering what the facilities are like up there, we have been too Glentress and Innerliethen before and can we expect basic facilities like at Glentress or the none existant like at Inners?

Cheers in advance. :D

Comments

• wheelygood
    wheelygood Posts: 101
    :( No facilities at trailhead (apart from carparking). Good facilities in town about 1.5 miles away.
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    wheelygood wrote:
    :( No facilities at trailhead (apart from carparking). Good facilities in town about 1.5 miles away.

Ah nevermind, thanks for the reply though. Good job the camp site is only 5miled from the trailhead (Sandyhills Bay)

Any idea what the trail conditions are like at the moment with all this random rain?
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Actually there are some facilities at dalbeattie, there's a hose in the car park for cleaning bikes iirc, but the town is very close and very handy
  • Trail is solid granite :lol:

Easy enough to ride along from Sandyhills + there is a cracking ride along the shore to Castle Point, Rockcliffe and Kipford. Cafe/restruant at Colvend and Rockcliffe, nice one just along the road from Colvend, before Portling, name escapes me atm. Good pub, Anchor in Kipford. Might like to try the Steamboat along at Carsethorn :lol:

DSCN1748.jpg
    MikeatDbeattie.jpg