Clubs in Wirral

jamie_liverpool
jamie_liverpool Posts: 21
edited August 2010 in Road beginners
Hi everyone

Wondering if there is any cycling clubs on the wirral I could join. Im new to cycling looking to do some sportives and maybe races later on?

Comments

• I'm also on the Wirral, new to the area not joined a club as Sunday's are difficult for me. but I would be interested in maybe meeting up and riding at other times.

For clubs look here

http://www.eurekacyclistscafe.co.uk/clubs.asp

The cafe is a pretty famous place.
    Look 675 Light Di2
    Boardman Pro C winter hack
    Cannondale Prophet
    Decathlon Hub geared City bike
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Lots of clubs have Saturday and Wednesday rides ?
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    Hey, i'm also on the wirral, Would be interesting to join in on a club run some time to see how i compare, and how much i need to improve :lol:
  • Hi to all,

Lots of clubs on the Wirral. Birkenhead North End :evil: (with fetching firey decal on their jerseys a la 1990s striking firemen), New Brighton CC :twisted: and the good old Port Sunlight Wheelers 8) who like Barcelona do not require sponsorship on their classic jerseys.

Most clubs have a varied membership of mostly roadies but also some guys within these clubs also enjoy a bit of mountain bike stuff. There are also loads of different abilities so don't be put off. As Unclemonty121 said the Eureka is the place to go, come out on a Saturday or Sunday and introduce yourself to someone, they're usually a friendly bunch. There is usually a midweek ride as well as informal rides that members organise between themselves.

Subs are usually about £15 per year but to be honest it's a small price to pay in order to find some of the great low traffic roads that these guys know. Good luck - Jim