a.palmer
a.palmer Posts: 504
edited August 2010 in The bottom bracket
Anyone heading down tomorrow/thursday?

Reading_poster.jpg

Comments

• MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Nope, having lived in Reading for 8 years (moved down the road now) I can honestly say that the best thing to do over festival weekend is to leave the town.

If you're at the festival it's a great weekend, but if you're just in Reading it's murder !!

It would appear that I suffer from 'Seasonal Tourets'. I end up spending the weekend swearing at the hoards of unwashed gribblies, spilling across the streets and trying their best to throw themselves under the nearest passing car. (Seriously, it is like this !!)

Anyway, I'll be on a beach in Protugal enjoying the 31C sunshine :D

Have fun though, the line up looks pretty damn good to me, some good stuff on the smaller stages too !!!
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    very terrible!
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    No but just packed eldest offspring off to Leeds festival with 4 pot noodles, 6 nutrigrains, a bag of pasta and six bottles of rose - oh to be that age again!! :lol:
  • Wouldn't mind seeing LCD Soundsystem and British Sea Power, but that's about it.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • MattC59 wrote:
    Nope, having lived in Reading for 8 years (moved down the road now) I can honestly say that the best thing to do over festival weekend is to leave the town.

If you're at the festival it's a great weekend, but if you're just in Reading it's murder !!...

Absolutely!

Used to live at Caversham and work in centre of Reading just by the railway station.

Nightmare, You could hardly move.
    There's no such thing as too old.
  • Anybody going should try and catch Atari Teenage Riot :wink:
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Anybody going should try and catch Atari Teenage Riot :wink:

I <heart> ATR. Saw them in 99 with Carl Crack (RIP) stumbling around the stage screeching into a mic while Alec Empire tortured a synth.

Good times
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • andy162
    andy162 Posts: 634
    QOTSA are worth a watch. Especially if Josh Homme is in a foul mood..or ill(there's a YouTube clip of some spotty oik lobbing a bottle at him, he doesn't take it well)

Two bands on Saturday that have/had Johnny"he plays guitar" Marr in their ranks too. Never got to grips with Modest Mouse.
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    MattC59 wrote:

If you're at the festival it's a great weekend, but if you're just in Reading it's murder !!...

Absolutely!

Used to live at Caversham and work in centre of Reading just by the railway station.

Nightmare, You could hardly move.

ditto - the streets are usually blocked by wierdos with silly haircuts pushing shopping trolleys full of beer..
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    iainf72 wrote:
    Anybody going should try and catch Atari Teenage Riot :wink:

I <heart> ATR. Saw them in 99 with Carl Crack (RIP) stumbling around the stage screeching into a mic while Alec Empire tortured a synth.

Good times

+1. Missed the start of the set in '99 but what I did catch was awesome, if not quite the frenetic atmosphere of the show on the South Bank a few months before. The Electric Ballroom comeback show was better still......
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    Good weather for it...