Where to put front light when you have a basket

Mr Tom
Mr Tom Posts: 66
edited August 2010 in The workshop
I bought a second hand Dutch bike the other day which has a basket at the front. I had to switch the lights as the old ones were a dynamo system with no standlight for traffic lights and junctions. The old dynamo front light fitted a bracket on the fork, but my new B&M dynamo/light setup won't work with this. So, I can either get a new bracket to fit the fork below the dynamo or on the other side of the fork (I think I've worked out a way to do this), or look at mounting the light on the front of the basket (I found one with a mount). Just wondered what other people have done. At the moment my light is mounted on the fork crown but this meant removing the basket.
Orbit Fast Tour
Mondia 96 (Belgian 'Dutch' bike)
Ridgeback Envoy

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    on the front of the basket.

on a fork leg.

thats just about it.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Dutch Town Bikes (Stadsfiets) are great, I had one for a few years and cycled it around hilly Edinburgh with no real problems, even once participating in an Alleycat on it. Dynamo lights, prop-stand, bolted on lock and a really cool FCN for collecting scalps! Enjoy :-)
    FCN16 - 1970 BSA Wayfarer

FCN4 - Fixie Inc
  • Mr Tom
    Mr Tom Posts: 66
    Yeah, I love it! I've ridden a BMX, MTB and fast tourer before but this is really something else! Just so chilled out and fun to ride. Also practical with the features you mentioned, I think the covered chain and hub gear is the best thing for me - no more oil on my trousers. Also the basket and pannier rack with elastic is cool for shopping.
    Orbit Fast Tour
    Mondia 96 (Belgian 'Dutch' bike)
    Ridgeback Envoy