Cham' to Zermatt in Sept / Alpine w/e June - interested??

evade
evade Posts: 115
edited August 2010 in MTB rides
Hey all,

This is a bit of a long shot...

I'm trying to organise a bit of an epic MTB holiday in September, but I need more numbers to make it economically viable. Ridethealps.com offer this:

"Enjoy seven days of full-on biking on this challenging cross country route linking two alpine climbing meccas. Outstanding views and epic singletrack from Mont Blanc to the Matterhorn. A real classic with traditional alpine accommodation throughout, including a memorable night in a high mountain refuge. This tour is the natural choice for all mountain bikers who like their riding to be a journey. A long time favourite with hikers, the Chamonix to Zermatt haute route is something very special, giving mountain bikers the chance to link the two most popular high peak climbing destinations in the Alps. The basic package includes seven days of guiding with half board accommodation. You then decide the level of van support you want. Choose anything from the comfort of full van support to toughing it out carrying your own gear. "

At the moment there are two of us up for it, but we need at least five in total to bring the price down to around 1000 euros - if we get eight people, it's 800 euros. Ridethealps.com are also looking to add people to this trip via their website, they already have some interest. (Note: these prices don't include flights...)

It's an epic trip, that's best explained in their itinerary:

http://www.ridethealps.com/holidays/cha ... itinerary/

We obviously hope to raise a fair bit of charity cash too - we don't plan to fund the trip with charity money, but that could be an option for you, if you're interested...

As a warm-up to this (neither of us have ridden the Alps before), we're also planning an alpine weekend with the same company at the end of June, based in Samoens - a short drive from Les Gets and Chamonix. This is their description:

"The weekend is 2.5 - 3 days of guiding with van support for some uplifts (if you have a late flight on Sunday Jamie will happily guide a full day for you), airport transfers from and back to Geneva, 3 nights B&B accommodation in a very comfortable chalet with bike washing & storage facilities and a hot tub, 1 evening meal in the chalet, usually on the arrival day. The other 2 evening meals you will take in Samoens, where the chalet is based. There's a good range of restaurants from budget pizza & pasta to posh nosh. "

The prices are the same deal - we need five people in total to make it viable - 290 euros; or 233 euros if we can get eight. Again, flights not included.

More details here: http://www.ridethealps.com/holidays/alp ... k-weekend/

If anyone is interested in either of these trips, please drop me a PM.

Cheers
Evade
Evade
Scott Spark 35

Comments

• Another long shot. Ride the alps have 4 riders for the c-z going on 12th sept (myself included). The trip will only run with 6. If your still interested (or anyone else) get in touch with them.