Dam bike......

Wallace1492
Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
edited August 2010 in Commuting chat
Well, still desperately trying to get 1,000 miles for the month.
Decided to take slightly longer route home last night before circuits.

However, within 100 mts of office got a flat. Big shard of glass embedded in tyre.
Cleared it out, chaged tube, squirt of CO2 and off i went. Decided to curtail extra distance as would be late for circuits. But, as as I was approaching Maryhill Road, bang, it goes again. This time it was a previous patch on the spare tube that had disintegrated. Stuck on my second spare tube, pumped up and went to put stuff in saddlebag, when its zip burst. Had to stuff it into my very full rucksack.

All the way home had the hit by Blondie going through my mind..... "Shard of Glass"

Changed saddlebags last night, tyres fine, however, did notice some noise from rack this morning, and on inspection it is sheared at both sides at the rear! Bummer.
Now need new rack and new saddlebag.

However, spitits not dampened, longer route in this morning and still going for the 1,000!!!
"Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"

Comments

• Zachariah
    Zachariah Posts: 782
    PS It's 'Heart of Glass'.
  • Wallace1492
    Zachariah wrote:

Yes quite, but is was not a Heart Of Glass that I pulled from my tyre.... my mind changed the lyrics slighty to mimic the situation.
  • Zachariah wrote:

Have a care, Zachariah, you don't want to leave Wallace1492 feeling even more deflated.

Wallace, go for it! A kilomile per month is pretty good going.
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    Sounds like you need a dam bike.

mangahao-dams-bike-ride-13.jpg
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • Zachariah
    Zachariah Posts: 782
    edited August 2010
    No worries...You got me singing that song now. I was just that bit too young to lust after Blondie when she was the big new thing, now she's too old to be a lurve magnet for me...*sigh*. I see what my dad was on about though.

(Edited to change 'long' to 'young'...Now there's a Freudian slip for you!)
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    Sometimes it all just comes at once doesn't it? Sounds like you're keeping your chin up though, good luck with the mileage
  • Wallace1492
    MrChuck wrote:
    Sometimes it all just comes at once doesn't it? Sounds like you're keeping your chin up though, good luck with the mileage

Well, had no problems for ages, don't mind too much. Other problem is that I have just ordered a new MTB and ordered some bling to go with it! My credit card is taking a hell of a beating now!! Just ordered replacement saddle bag and rack.

And as for the mileage.... if it wasn't for the MTB would have done loads!! On Monday night, nearly 3 hours on the MTB and covered only 12 miles. Great fun though....

Can feel a 30 miler coming on for the commute home tonight.