Promiscuity

pneumatic
pneumatic Posts: 1,989
edited August 2010 in The bottom bracket
I realise that this might be a bit like asking your wife to recommend a good brothel, but . .

do any of you out there inhabit other forums (fora) for your high quality banter, good advice and general inspiration?

On here, we are all into bicycles as a common bond, but that doesn't stop us digressing into other areas.

I just wondered whether there are non-bike-related places on the interweb where the craic is also worth joining in with?

Oooh, I feel all grubby just for asking. :oops: :oops:

Fast and Bulbous
Peregrinations
Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

Comments

• ryan93
    ryan93 Posts: 186
    What sort of "banter" would you be looking for?

Suppose you could just Google something and see what comes up.
  • The sinbin on WWW.rlfans.com is where I go to. It's a rugby league forum and the sin bin is their version of the cakestop. It has some qualify threads. Even better than on here.
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    I'm only registered here and another cycling forum, but I rarely post there.

I've discovered that when I'm registered I feel compelled to try and keep up with everything and it soon takes over my life. So I deliberately don't, and merely lurk from time to time.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • I go on two or three football forums but this is the only cycling forum I go on. I find the discissions and banter on here very good.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • I go on two or three football forums but this is the only cycling forum I go on. I find the discissions and banter on here very good.

Thats cos football fans is all fick as planks. See.

Thats cos football fans is all fick as planks. See.

I don't know if it's interlect (or lack of) but some of the views expressed on some are very extreme and peoples sensitvities are trodden on with scant regard.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • jrduquemin
    jrduquemin Posts: 791
    I visit the bit-tech forums quite a bit, and i also go on velonews and cyclingnews forums just to see what rubbish they are spouting on there :-)
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Overclockers UK had the worlds best General forum (equivilant of Cake Stop)
  • Hrun
    Hrun Posts: 116
    If you run try, www.runnersforum.co.uk :)
    A biking runner :)
  • stock
    stock Posts: 56
    I'm on a couple of forums related to the fitba team I support, couple of cycling forums, around 5 or 6 computer enthusiast related forums, 2 swingers forums, 1 cookery, 1 gardening and 1 anger managment
  • http://www.p45.net/

I used to frequent Blather or SD&R&R mostly. Heartbreak Hotel was also good reading for crazy love triangles, morning after confessions and all sorts of other horrendous/hilarious situations.

Has quietened down a bit it seems, but back in the early 2000s there would be so many postings I doubt anyone involved was actually working.

In fact they used to have a "boss button" link that created a screen wide pop-up of a generic half-filled excel spreadsheet, for those moments when the line manager might suddenly appear. Happy days...
  • Harry B
    Harry B Posts: 1,239
    Roll on Friday's general discussion forum (http://www.rollonfriday.com/Community/M ... fault.aspx). It a place mainly inhabited by bored lawyers and wannbe lawyers. There is some very amusing stuff on there but be warned they don't take any prisoners :?
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    Great, thanks! With the time it will take me to explore these new places, I can already see my professional ambitions withering away and my family on the street in rags.
    :(

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    For 'witty' banter try talkbolllocks, sorry i mean talkrowing... the uni rowing threads get pretty worked up...
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    stock wrote:
    I'm on a couple of forums related to the fitba team I support, couple of cycling forums, around 5 or 6 computer enthusiast related forums, 2 swingers forums, 1 cookery, 1 gardening and 1 anger managment

:shock:
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Attica wrote:
    stock wrote:

:shock:

The anger management is in case he gets the fatty :lol:
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    a genteel school governors forum and a football forum for my team that is totally the opposite.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I used to inhabit HiFi forums but they were full of Daily Mail reading bores. So I lost interest.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,454
    I used to go on a lot of rugby forums but spent far too much time so left them. Signed up on here and now spend too much time on here!
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    More importantly, there's the forum where chicks post? I'm not talking about cat lovers, lesbians* or knitters, just normal chicks. Would make a change to a forum full of middle-aged blokes moaning about the price of Shimano chains!

*I know lesbians are 'normal' women. BUT it is a known fact that 97% of 'Lesbians' on lesbian forums are men making out they're lesbians talking to other men making out they're lesbians too. Makes you want to gag doesn't it? Or is that a different site altogether?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I think shimano componentry is priced fairly. Much better than campagnolo as well. :D
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    I signed up to AVFORUMS, for advise on a new T.V, never been back since. Bit like women i suppose, If happy with one why bother straying :wink:
  • andy162
    andy162 Posts: 634
    I nosey around a Lotus forum now & again. Regardless of the subject most threads have somebody telling you a Nissan GTR is faster so that's what you shoudve bought.

Usually an American.