So unfair !!

MattC59
MattC59 Posts: 5,408
edited August 2010 in The bottom bracket
Off to Portugal on Thursday for ten days, 30C at the moment, beautiful scenery, lovely costal roads............ The Mrs won't let me take my bike :cry:
Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved

Comments

• Harry B
    Harry B Posts: 1,239
    Grounds for divorce in my opinion
  • Hire one when you get there? :lol:
    2 Wheels or not 2 wheels..That is not in question.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Who paid for the holiday? If it was you then seems like you have the upper hand but then a holiday row might mean there is nothing down for you if you know what I mean. This should have been negotiated beforehand.
    M.Rushton
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    So, I take it she is just taking one pair of shoes, one bag, no make-up, only enough clothes for one change per day and no trashy novels.

You need to get a grip, man! Show her who's boss! You can't let them trample all over you!

oooh err! must go, here comes Mrs P and it is my turn to cook the tea. :oops:

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• volvicspar
    volvicspar Posts: 208
    If you cant take a bike, she can't take any spending money.

Sounds fair to me ;)
  • Flasheart
    Flasheart Posts: 1,278
    Went through that with my Ex-wife last year before we set off for the Algarve.
    Be wary :(
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
    http://img87.yfrog.com/img87/336/mycubeb.jpg
    http://lonelymiddlesomethingguy.blogspot.com/
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    You won't need all those clothes... :wink:
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    MattC59 wrote:
    Off to Portugal on Thursday for ten days, 30C at the moment, beautiful scenery, lovely costal roads............ The Mrs won't let me take my bike :cry:

does she wear your nuts on a nacklace?
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • MattC59 wrote:

Wasn't it discussed at the point of booking........................obviously not :!:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    What dose your bike have to say on the matter?

Dose it mind you bringing your wife along?
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Points taken and acted upon.

Results:
    One swift, metaphorical, kick to the nuts, she's still taking enough clothes for an army, several books (how many can she read in 10 days !?!?!) I'm not taking my bike.

Oh well, i guess she wont' see me most evenings for a week or so when I get back :D

(Does anyone know any decent places to hire a decent road bike when I'm out there ? I'm about 40minutes by car west of Faro :wink: )
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • DaSy
    DaSy Posts: 599
    There is this lot - http://algarve-bike-hire.co.uk/index.html

They are in Albufiera so depending which side of Faro you are, it may be quite close.

No idea what the bikes are like though.

That's why I always endeavor to go to Majorca for any non-cycling holidays with the other half, it's easy to get hold of a bike whilst out there, and I can be all surprised that I can get one. "Just a quick spin out dear, I won't be long", I think she knows the score too, it's some kind of unspoken agreement.
    Complicating matters since 1965