SCUM Threw a bottle at me yesterday

teulk
teulk Posts: 557
edited December 2010 in The bottom bracket
I was cycling home yesterday when i felt what i thought was a slap on back, turned round to see a car to my right and heard a clatter on the road - it wasnt until the car had sped away ( all this happened quicly as you can appreciate) that i noticed the bottle on the floor.
Ok so it was a small empty plastic coke bottle but it was the fact thay they actually slowed down and delberately threw it at me. Ive be shouted at before in a attempt to startle me but this is the first time ive had an object thrown at me.
I really wish id managed to get the reg no. but i was just so shocked that it had happened i couldnt really take it in.
I cant believe that people like this are so stupid as to do something like that, i was doing over 20mph which is more than fast enough to do some harm if you come off, not just the speed but the danger from other cars.

They are SCUM as far as im concerned !
Boardman Team 09 HT
Orbea Aqua TTG CT 2010
Specialized Secteur Elite 2011

Comments

• You missed out the MINDLESS, BRAINDEAD prefix.

I never cease to be amazed at some peoples total stupidity, glad you're alright mate.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • teulk
    If im honest it didnt even hurt its the total lack of thought for the possible consequences of their actions that annoys me.
    Boardman Team 09 HT
    Orbea Aqua TTG CT 2010
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    +1 toss*rs

I've had a few d*ckheads shouting out of car windows at me. Once someone tried to throw a mcdonalds milkshake, thankfully they missed.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    It's moments like that you wish you could curl one out onto their bonnet while they wait at the lights.

Or at least have some passing police notice the abuse!
  • teulk
    Good job i didnt catch up with them as the passenger would have left the car through their window.
    Boardman Team 09 HT
    Orbea Aqua TTG CT 2010
  • djcozzer
    djcozzer Posts: 36
    :x I had a similar experience on Saturday past. A group of youngsters were huddled in a bus shelter and hurled some verbal abuse and a scud missile of cheap cider in my direction. I decided not to pass that way on my way back home so took an alternative route along the harbourside in Irvine near where I live. It had been raining and the section of road I passed over has some cobbles and a small section of old wagon rail embedded in the cobbles. Needless to say my front wheel caught a section of rail and the bike slid out of control into some wire fencing and down I went. I have a few cuts and bruises and the bike is okay. However an older woman ran up to me pushing a pram and said "are you alright son?" I said yes but was quite tickled to be referred to as "son" as I'm 52! :D

Colin
  • grandad3
    grandad3 Posts: 322
    I had a similar incident whilst out riding. Felt like I had been thumped on the back as a car accelerated from behind me. looked behind to see an apple rolling along the road and idiots/morons in the car giggling away like little school girls.
    I swore at the bleeders but by the time I thought of reg number it was too far.
    It amazes me the total lack of respect in this country today. Actually, it doesn't!
    There are too many txssers out there on the roads.
    'Collapse the Light into Earth'
  • Broaders
    Broaders Posts: 89
    Scum indeed!

I hate it when people shoot out their window at you to startle you but throwing something is disgusting!
    Boardman AIR 9.8, Zipp 303 Clinchers, SRAM red groupset.
  • White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    I got hit with one of those dips from McDonald's or something. A big BBQ one. What a messy day that was.

It got all over my clothes, bike and in on the brake pads and rim. You could hear me slowing down and stopping miles away. :evil:
  • sloboy
    sloboy Posts: 1,139
    I got hit by an egg once. The git missed me first time and came round again, so I guess they were deliberately out on a jolly to hit some cyclists.
  • m1mbz75
    m1mbz75 Posts: 2
    I've had grown men throwing drinks cans at me from a bridge once. Me and ex girlfriend were ambushed with water bombs by a group of teenagers on another occasion.
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    For those reasons I'm saving up for one of them helmet cams, i'm sure the local plod are going to get sick and tired of me. :)
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    I got a Muvi cam today, just came via the mail and it's really neat! Watch out you scumbags, if I catch you I turn the footage in to the police and the local news people!
  • Lucky Luke
    Lucky Luke Posts: 402
    Broaders wrote:
    Scum indeed!

I hate it when people shoot out their window at you to startle you but throwing something is disgusting!

Where you live mate downtown L.A ?? Sounds pretty bad.

Worst I had was a half brick which thankfully missed me .
    Luke
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    Lucky Luke wrote:
    Broaders wrote:
    Scum indeed!

So that's why you're called "Lucky Luke"? :wink:
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    Lucky Luke wrote:
    Broaders wrote:
    Scum indeed!

What the faaaaaaack?

But yeah - you get a few people thinking that it's funny to do that the these "cyclists".

Gives them a giggle in their own way, all sorts out there.
  • synchronicity
    synchronicity Posts: 1,415
    I had a [lit] firecracker thrown at me once. :x
    A sandwich on another occasion. :(
    Both times it was in OZ. :evil:
  • Dudes rise above it. You are all so much better than the mindless un-lycra'd dross.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    had my first experience of this on Sat when a banana was thrown at me, thankfully it missed
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    Seems to be all too prevailant these days. I was on the B road on te south side of Loch Tay when I was overtaken by a Audi A6. The little f@kkers in the back decided that it would be fun to throw peanuts and an empty coke can at me.

Changing sport, once canoeing from Stonebyres to Haczelbank on the upper clyde (near Lanark) I was shot at with an airgun. I didn't hang around to discuss the event!

-Spider-
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    i assume a reg was taken and police informed ?
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • matthew h wrote:
    had my first experience of this on Sat when a banana was thrown at me, thankfully it missed

I had a banana thrown at me once. Don't ask me how but I caught it and with a nod and wink thanked the tw@ who threw it.
  • louthepoo
    louthepoo Posts: 223
    on a ride recently through some wooded area and heard the unmistakable pop of an air rifle going off quite close and kids voices cursing one of them had missed. Read in the local paper that a man walking a dog, a motorcyclist and a couple of cars had been hit with an air rifle on that stretch of road! I think i got lucky as with the proximity of them to me it could have done some serious harm. Also had a car cut me up pull in front and slammed his brakes on, being clipped in and worrying about hitting him i forgot to unclip and unceremoniously fell onto the kerb! Add to that the stupid screaming kids in chav my ride shit boxes and white van man giving me half an inch of gap as they scream past. i've only been road riding a short time and sometimes think i should've gone for a mtb bike instead
    Riding a Merida FLX Carbon Team D Ultralite Nano from Mike at Ace Ultra Cycles, Wednesfield, Wolverhampton 01902 725444
  • See? None of that happens in London! :)
  • See? None of that happens in London! :)
    You ARE joking, aren't you!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • iainment
    iainment Posts: 992
    See? None of that happens in London! :)
    You ARE joking, aren't you!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Cycling home in November is fraught in Hackney, you get fireworks aimed at you.

Plumstead Common - in London - whilst running had an orange thrown at me, hit me in the chest. After amazed pause carried on running. Caught up with the culprits at lights, wasn't brave just plodded on by.
    It is moronic though isn't it.
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    Not had anything thrown at me yet, not even abuse. However, I did run over and kill a chicken last year. It was 'orrible....feathers everywhere but me and the bike were okay.
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Other day I was riding along and something proper hit me hard on the head, I reckon if I never had a helmet on I'd have being knocked out, and I was going at over 20mph, proper hit me hard, felt like a coconut hitting me at high speed. Looked behind and no one was around :s
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    See? None of that happens in London! :)

Bloody hell happens a lot in London.

Had quite a few shouted comments from cars, stuff lobbed at me and turds trying to run you off the road.

Love to know what goes on in these morons brains.

Hopefully they'll crash and burn.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    On my scooter in North London (Acton I think it was) looking at possible areas to buy a property got shot in the neck by a kid with an air pistol.

Decided to stay south of the river...