A quick "Hello" and my first road bike...

Mr Will
Mr Will Posts: 216
edited August 2010 in Your road bikes
wavey.gif Hello!

I've been commuting by bike for nearly a year now but, following a last minute entry into the L2B this year and then the loan of a road bike by a friend, I'm now starting to get in to road biking.

To this end, I've just treated myself to a new toy on the cycle to work scheme:
4919827942_aed8d36315.jpg

It's a 2010 Cannondale CAAD9 Tiagra Compact, completely standard at the moment bar a cateye computer and a set of Shimano A530 double sided pedals.

I've only done just over 50 miles on it so far, mainly on very short rides, but first impressions are that it's fantastic. On the flat it comfortably cruises at over 20mph and 25+ is easily attainable in bursts.

Anyway, I'll post more info when I've put a few more miles under it's wheels and as I make changes/upgrades. I think the next on the list is a set of proper shoes...
2010 Cannondale CAAD9 Tiagra

Comments

• leeroy72
    leeroy72 Posts: 330
    Lovely bikes those Cannondales...I rode with a guy on a carbon six for a short while yesterday and if I had not just purchased a new bike I might have been looking for a six today! Those caad 9's have an excellent reputation too....good choice

ps...you'll get slated for having the chainset facing towards the wall... 8)
    Find your limits...and then exceed them frequently
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Niiiiceee.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Aaargh. I hate not being able to see hosted photos at work.

Good choice of bike!
  • Mr Will
    Mr Will Posts: 216
    leeroy72 wrote:
    ps...you'll get slated for having the chainset facing towards the wall... 8)

Trying to hide the "Tiagra" lettering!

This one better:
    4919901903_8b6fe4d4f4.jpg
    2010 Cannondale CAAD9 Tiagra
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I see now!

Splendid!
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    Hi. I've got the 2009 model in matt black - pics on this forum. I did change to white bar tape, but now going back to black again very soon. I upgraded to Conti GP 4000S tyres and they take the bike to the next level. Might think about upgrading the groupset or wheels next summer.

I love that sweet spot between 23 and 25mph. Cracking bike.
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...