Glasgow Monsoon

Wallace1492
Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
edited August 2010 in Commuting chat
Absolutely chucking it down here, and has been a lot of the day. Not the best week to *need* to do 250 odd miles to get my 1,000 for the month!

Guess they will be dropping out fast from tonight's MTB run. Will brave it myself if I have to ..... gotta get those miles in :wink: mud, glorious mud..... and that after commute home!!
"Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"

Comments

• Nice blue skies over the West End right now. I was lucky to dodge the rain first thing this morning though.
    FCN - 10
    Cannondale Bad Boy Solo with baggies.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    I'm almost tempted to go out for a ride to try out my new waterproof. But it means my bike will get wet :(
  • Wallace1492
    Nice blue skies over the West End right now. I was lucky to dodge the rain first thing this morning though.

You'r having a laugh.... still torrential in city centre, but easing a little....
    Got caught in it this morning going through Clydebank, which is grim enough at the best of times. (Apologies to anyone from Clydebank)
  • Nice blue skies over the West End right now. I was lucky to dodge the rain first thing this morning though.

You'r having a laugh.... still torrential in city centre, but easing a little....
    Got caught in it this morning going through Clydebank, which is grim enough at the best of times. (Apologies to anyone from Clydebank)

Yeah, I was the opposite of clear there. I meant the West End London. Presumably you thought I meant the West End in Glasgow. That's my bad. If it helps, I can still see blue out of my window?
    FCN - 10
    Cannondale Bad Boy Solo with baggies.
  • Wallace1492
    Nice blue skies over the West End right now. I was lucky to dodge the rain first thing this morning though.

Yeah, I was the opposite of clear there. I meant the West End London. Presumably you thought I meant the West End in Glasgow. That's my bad. If it helps, I can still see blue out of my window?

Yeah, thought west end of Glasgow! No it doesn't help.... :evil:

Suzy, come along tonight to the run, will be very wet, muddy, wet, muddy, but a good laugh - if anyone turns up!!
  • Yup. it is lashing it down.

Was going to go "the long way" home tonight......
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Well if you will live up T north :lol:

It's lovely and sunny down here you know :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,488
    Err, was
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • (Starts building an ark)
  • Wallace1492
    Just looked out the window and seen this :shock: :

noahs_ark_photosculpture-p153894771984952240yzzz_400.jpg
  • My ark is going to be red so it goes faster....
  • anton1r
    anton1r Posts: 272
    Was properly chucking down in Edinburgh this morning/early afternoon but it's stopped and has been replaced by a nice threatening grey sky. More of the wet stuff on its way for sure. :(
    "I have a plan, a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a fox." (from the Blackadder TV series)
  • suzyb

Yeah, thought west end of Glasgow! No it doesn't help.... :evil:

Suzy, come along tonight to the run, will be very wet, muddy, wet, muddy, but a good laugh - if anyone turns up!!
    Bit too far for an evening run as I'd need to battle through rush hour traffic over the Kingston bridge to get there for 6:30 :(

I'm keeping an eye out for an easy weekend run though. The Lanarkshire club Sunday runs tend to be all day epics that are reserved for the fit.

I'm no doubt speaking too soon but...it's stopped here :shock:
  • Wallace1492
    Well, soaked on the way home, but what the hell. Out of 8 people meant to be on the MTB run last night, all but 3 (including me) pulled out. It was a great run though, full of mud and wetness, but the rain eventually went off, it had to - must have ran out of water! Got home knackered, mud splattered and soaking (for the third time yesterday) but loved it.
  • doogee
    doogee Posts: 82
    Do you lot go out to play at Mugdock? I really need to use the MTB as it's sat unloved for most of the year so I may venture along one time if it's open to others?

Have to say I was glad I wasn't on the bike yesterday... I think it's actually October up here already!
  • suzyb
    I went out on my road bike yesterday and did a quick "commute". Equally good fun and less cleaning up afterwards.
  • Wallace1492
    doogee wrote:
    Do you lot go out to play at Mugdock? I really need to use the MTB as it's sat unloved for most of the year so I may venture along one time if it's open to others?

Have to say I was glad I wasn't on the bike yesterday... I think it's actually October up here already!

Yes, October rain certainly.... but with midges!!
    Sent you a PM about the group..... open to all, free and fun!!