Hrun
Hrun Posts: 116
edited August 2010 in The bottom bracket
Passed a chap on a Trek with a knackered wheel, walking whilst out today. I was 5 miles from home so I ran the bike in and went back out in the car to see if he was still out.

Sure enough I caught him a few miles along as the rain started and we racked the bike on the roof and I dropped him home.

I like to think that if everyone does something selfless, one day when I am in trouble I can cash in.

Have a good ride today :)
A biking runner :)

Comments

• softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    would you be able to give me a lift to the shops later...??
  • Flasheart
    Flasheart Posts: 1,278
    That was damn good of you Hrun

Good on ya :wink:
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
    http://img87.yfrog.com/img87/336/mycubeb.jpg
    http://lonelymiddlesomethingguy.blogspot.com/
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    I saw a young man and lady on two touring bikes, in a deserted lane recently.
    They "appeared" to fixing something, not far from a radio mast.

I stopped and asked them if they wanted help, but they didn't understand me at first. I then noticed they had "German/European" accents.

The man then replied, "No zank you, ve are fine. Gurd day to yew."

I rode off, BUT...
    If this had been around 1938 - 45, I would been straight down the rozzers to report it!!!
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Good on ya.

I'll always stop if I see a roadie or someone who might benefit from a 700c tube or what ever. I've been the poor sod with a 7-8 mile walk home in SPDs - never mind SPD-SLs - and I wouldn't wish the blisters or discomfort on anyone.

I normally chuck a road tube in my back pocket when I'm out on the MTB as well though I wouldn't like to try and get to 85-100 psi with the Spesh pump I carry on the hardtail.
  • "You must become the change you wish to see in the world." -Mahatma Gandhi

Very very good job sir! The world would be a better place with more people like you.
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    Nice one Hrun.

A couple of years ago we were coming down the Croix de Fer in the car. A couple of cyclists were stopped. Mr A stopped the car as he thought they might have a puncture and we had a track pump in the car. Can't remember the exact problem (snapped chain?) but the guy's bike was unrideable and he was 25km from his car. We put the bike in the car and gave him a lift back to Bourg d'Oisans to his car.
  • Good on ya fella. I think deep down we're all good samaratans it's just we assess each situation on its individual merits.

Do as you would be done by!

If we all took this as our mantra the world would be a far better place.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.