Real or hoax?

Crapaud
Crapaud Posts: 2,483
edited August 2010 in The bottom bracket
It's in The Sun so it could go either way.
THIS shocking CCTV footage captures the moment a middle-aged woman picks up a cat — and drops it into a WHEELIE BIN. ...
It looks fairly genuine to me, but I can't decide whether she has a shifty glance at the CCTV camera or not. What d'you think?.
A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I'm no expert on doctored videos, but I do have some experience with cats and wheelie bins. It looks genuine to me. The woman needs a slap.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    What a chubby biatch, she wants chucking in one of those car crushers.
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    by a giant cat!
  • Crazy thing to do................they'll never empty your bin if it's contaminated :lol:

Seriously though, I have two moggies and I'd kick her ar@e the mean spirited slapper
  • I like the way the cat is looking unhappily at the bin in the family group photo. :)
  • bexley5200
    bexley5200 Posts: 692
    best place for them
    going downhill slowly
  • Crapaud
    Crazy thing to do................they'll never empty your bin if it's contaminated :lol:

Seriously though, I have two moggies and I'd kick her ar@e the mean spirited slapper
    You've probably hit the nail on the head there. I've struggled to understand why someone would do something like that, but all I can come up with is that they're a petty, smallminded tw@t. I'm no cat lover, but I fail to see what pleasure or enjoyment someone would get from putting the cat in a bin. A stir-fry yes, but a bin? :twisted:

It'll be interesting to hear what she says when she's caught - as she surely will.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • I though cats were supposed to go in the brown bin?
    Giant Rapid 3
  • She has been offered Police Protection :shock: She should be told to hide in her bin if she feels threatened.
  • Bunneh
    Knowing some of the people I have worked with, very PETA related, she needs protection. She's gonna get her face ganked!
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    I'd guess from the fact that the police or RSPCA didn't make a statement about how some previously undetected loon has been wandering around the West Midlands, dropping random pets into bins, that there isn't a history of this activity in the area. So it seems a little odd how it occurred outside a house that just happened to have private CCTV.

Possibly less to do with animal protection and more to do with the line over the article in the Sun "Got a story? We pay £££"

"Mam?"
    "Yeah"
    " Throw Tiddles in the bin for a minute. We'll split the cash"
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Crapaud
    There have been death threats against her.
    ... Sky's Lisa Dowd said the woman was being offered police protection because of the "level of vitriol against her".

She said residents in Coventry were extremely angry, and death threats had been made against the woman on the internet.

"West Midlands Police are taking her safety extremely seriously," she said. ...
  • Flasheart
    Flasheart Posts: 1,278
    LangerDan wrote:
    I'd guess from the fact that the police or RSPCA didn't make a statement about how some previously undetected loon has been wandering around the West Midlands, dropping random pets into bins, that there isn't a history of this activity in the area. So it seems a little odd how it occurred outside a house that just happened to have private CCTV.

Possibly less to do with animal protection and more to do with the line over the article in the Sun "Got a story? We pay £££"

"Mam?"
    "Yeah"
    " Throw Tiddles in the bin for a minute. We'll split the cash"

The couple had CCTV set up because of the damage their car had received repeatedly through careless parking by other parties. I really don't see this being a hoax.If it was the perp would probably been wearing a hoodie so they would remain incognito. Only Shannon Matthews mother would be that stupid. Just because there is no history of it doesn't mean it doesn't happen and just go unreported. People do stupid and cruel things "off the bat" all the time for no seemingly logical reason.
    I'm a sceptic by nature, but I didn't blink or doubt that someone did this tbh
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
    http://img87.yfrog.com/img87/336/mycubeb.jpg
    http://lonelymiddlesomethingguy.blogspot.com/
  • mikebx
    mikebx Posts: 21
    if anyone did that to my cat, i'd have them analy gang raped by aids riddled crackheads
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    Why, it's just a cat?

Get a grip folks.
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    it is real

as she is in police protection due to death threats.
  • Bunneh
    Tell you, us cat lovers are psychos, f*ck us off and we go for the throat.
  • It has also been alleged that she works in a bank,some people just don't want to be liked.
  • Didn't Top Cat live in a bin?

topcat03.jpg

Maybe that's what she was thinking of?
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    The cat owners could just avoid further incidences........and get a dog

(by dog I mean a proper one.....not one of those silly little rat dogs that can be put in a bag and do nothing but yap)