Lidl cycling gear

Comments

• EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Does this come with a free butter knife to help the thieves cut through it?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Cheers, was looking for some more socks. Just came along at the right time. Might try the glasses too, depends on how they fit my face and helmet straps. Another drink to the debt CW.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • redvee
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Does this come with a free butter knife to help the thieves cut through it?

These are the tool of choice for such locks :lol:
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    I might grab some of the spoke reflectors, and possibly some of the leggings, for winter.

Depends if I have time though, busy busy...
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,929
    Anyone know what the workstands are like?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Will try and get a set of glasses and leggings the plan is to ride through the winter this year.
  • I once bought a LIDL track pump, the presta valve hole was so small it graunched all the rubber out trying to fit it to the valve, then of course it wouldn't seal. Consigned straight to the bin.
  • Good spot, Cafewanda. I'll be aiming for the Old Kent Road LiDL at around 9:30 - I don't actually need much but I'll be along on the off-chance.

I've just noticed that their cycle leggings have ''Anti-ride leg hems.'' I think they could have phrased that better :wink:
  • good spot CW....one which I would have made use of were I not off to sunny (ok, don't laugh) Wales tmo for a week :) would have got some socks and spoke thingys! nevermind
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Good oh, my mitts are stinking out the house, from the garage. Time for some new ones methinks.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    the men's performance top has moobs printed on the front!
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Hmmm :idea:

Spoke reflectors...scissors plus this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-High-Intensit ... c7ffc9589b

I like the red tape but I might get the Lidl spoke things instead. Decisions, decisions.

Cyclopsbiker - No Lidls in Wales?
  • there may well be a store in Wales but no where near where I'll be....plus my only form of transport for a week are my feet, or blagging a lift with someone else. I think given the weather forecast it's gonna be a week of wet weather gear!!!
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    there may well be a store in Wales but no where near where I'll be....plus my only form of transport for a week are my feet, or blagging a lift with someone else. I think given the weather forecast it's gonna be a week of wet weather gear!!!

not taking the bike with you? get a grip man!
  • transport logistics + torn meniscus+ off-road mtb'ing aren't adding up.
    don't fancy taking the shiny new Allez with me either...no-one I'm going with would keep up :lol:

ps. it's WTFU for me, I'm a girly :wink:
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015

There's a workstand there?
  • Aidy wrote:

I thought it was just me, I looked twice for the workstand... Then it occurred to me that you have to put your postcode in, so maybe different stores have different stuff.
    '12 CAAD 8 Tiagra
  • tailwindhome
    Aidy wrote:

I thought it was just me, I looked twice for the workstand... Then it occurred to me that you have to put your postcode in, so maybe different stores have different stuff.

Sorry

I forgot that Ireland (both North and South) have different offers to mainland GB

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home_ni.nsf/pages ... 0826.index

ETA not sure how I would fit a Bonsai to my bike?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,628
    prawny wrote:
    Good oh, my mitts are stinking out the house, from the garage. Time for some new ones methinks.

:lol:
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Yes, that's a very different and larger offer than over here in that London.

I seem to remember someone saying that their LiDL-gotten workstand was cràp but it worked.

You could train the orchid up your seat tube though....
  • bunter
    bunter Posts: 327
    I once bought a LIDL track pump, the presta valve hole was so small it graunched all the rubber out trying to fit it to the valve, then of course it wouldn't seal. Consigned straight to the bin.

my lidl track pump still seems to work great. it's about four years old - maybe you were unlucky?
  • tailwindhome
    Yes, that's a very different and larger offer than over here in that London.

Not to sound as if I have a chip on my shoulder but normally the Irish offer starts a couple of weeks later, with a smaller range and sometimes a higher price.

Not sure if I'll buy anything this time round. The jerseys last time seemed ok to begin with but had quality issues with the zips. They are what they are I suppose. I'm just thinking that I'd be better with one DHB jersey than 3 or 4 Lidl jerseys.

ETA I fancy a cheapo computer though
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Not sure if I'll buy anything this time round. The jerseys last time seemed ok to begin with but had quality issues with the zips. They are what they are I suppose. I'm just thinking that I'd be better with one DHB jersey than 3 or 4 Lidl jerseys.

Zips are better on the Aldi jerseys - proper YKK ones.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • tailwindhome
    Rolf F wrote:

Zips are better on the Aldi jerseys - proper YKK ones.

No Aldi in Northern Ireland
  • iainmoss
    iainmoss Posts: 88
    Is anyone else seeing the umbrella on offer in the cycling section?! Hmmm.....interesting.
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    excellent, I get paid in the morning :D
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • My local will be stocking everything I need for carbohydrate loading...

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/index_13479.htm
    "Consider the grebe..."
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    iainmoss wrote:
    Is anyone else seeing the umbrella on offer in the cycling section?! Hmmm.....interesting.

I am still trying to work that one out. But then they could be promoting chineese style cycling

cycling-in-the-rain.gif
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • redvee
    They've also got Becks bier on offer on thursday too. Forty beer tokens going into the bank on thursday morning, some of which will end up in Lidl.