Drying Room

essex-commuter
essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
edited August 2010 in Commuting chat
Well after getting well and truly soaked coming in today I have just MADE a drying room next to my desk :lol:

I have a large cabinet with a shutter door, I've cleared out all the work stuff, that can go somehwere else! I've put a fan heater inside and fed the wire round the back to the plug. I've decked it out with wire hangers, my stuff is now drying in there with the door almost pulled shut.. Hope it doesn't blow up :shock:

Comments

• ndru
    ndru Posts: 382
    More like a steamer:) I used to put my clothes in our server room - as it's amazingly hot in there plus the fans create constant air flow the stuff gets dried in no time.
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    I have to hang my various clothing up around the office, I am always getting moaned at for it.
  • WesternWay
    WesternWay Posts: 564
    danowat wrote:
    I have to hang my various clothing up around the office, I am always getting moaned at for it.

There are three of us in an office of nine that have to do this, thanks to Executive Offices enlightened cycling policy.

The good thing is that nobody in the office moans. The bad thing is that it smells.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    ndru wrote:
    More like a steamer:) I used to put my clothes in our server room - as it's amazingly hot in there plus the fans create constant air flow the stuff gets dried in no time.

our server room is like a fridge! my stuff is hanging up around my desk in a shanty town arrangement....but I didn't get soaked....just a wee bit damp.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    I wouldn't mind so much if there was anywhere else I could put them, but my company are pretty anti-anything!.

They are building some new offices ATM, and I have been banging on about having a shower and somewhere to hang clothing, not that it will make the slightest bit of difference.....

I once mentioned the C2W scheme, and I was hit with "whats in it for us"!!!
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I just hang my stuff in the basement with my bike and it's invariably still wet when I get down there at the end of the day but it's only a 6 mile commute wo it doesn't really bother me
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    cee wrote:
    our server room is like a fridge!

Our is as well, but it has some fantastic air flow from the floors, and it's humidity controlled. Unfortunately, I think sticking my wet gear in there would be frowned upon. =)
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    ndru wrote:

You would get fired at my place for doing this, if you could even get in the server rooms.
    Hope there is nothing important running on those servers!
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur