special offer today only sportsdirect.com

rapid_uphill
rapid_uphill Posts: 841
edited August 2010 in The bottom bracket
theres a special offer here i thought some of you guys might be interested in:

Karrimor Cycling Tights/Pants Mens and Ladies for only £7 from £34.99

http://www.sportsdirect.com/offer-sunday?src=en100822&utm_campaign=1105852606&utm_content=1006608849925&utm_medium=email&utm_source=SD100822Wk17sun

63601903_l.jpg

Comments

• Buckled_Rims
    Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
    It's a decent bargain, but I doubt they were £35. The Karrimor they sell bares no resemblance to the old genuine Karrimor that went bust years ago. The old gear was top notch, this Karrimor is cheapish.

I bought a pair of Karrimor shoes last year from Sportsdirect and they literally fell apart after a few months which is unusual for me as most of my other shoes last years.
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • Great, cheap deals! Do you know whether it's a store offer or online only? The website says
    Please note that some of these offers are web exclusives only, and not available in store
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    They are selling these through amazon too - a few reviews say they come up very small. Might be worth a punt if you need something for Winter though.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    Great minds think/ find deals alike..... http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12724328
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I bought a pair of Karrimor shoes last year from Sportsdirect and they literally fell apart after a few months which is unusual for me as most of my other shoes last years.

I had a couple of pairs of the same design. The uppers were fine but the soles dreadful - wierd thing was, one pair did last a lot longer than the other even though both were rubbish. So, not only is raw material sourcing rubbish, the quality control in the raw material sourcing is dire as well.

Not touch I bargepole a Karrimor with wouldn't foot 10. Please re-arrange to determine my opinion on a once great brand.........!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Don't know if you all know but Karrimor is owned by sports direct. Or at least the guy who owns sports direct.

Arguably, if he hadn't bought the business the name would have died but alternatively the name is better off dead than bastardised like it has been.

Karrimor were doomed the moment YHA shops went t*ts up as they were one of the biggest customers. Karrimor bought YHA shops in a desperate bid to stay afloat themselves but ultimately the move was doomed.

Unfortunately the clothing line just wasn't competitive with the other brands in the market despite rucsacs and footwear being as strong as ever.

History lesson over.