My post has been removed!!

savantuk
savantuk Posts: 116
Copied from the post before it's removal:

Incidentally, it was removed without any comment by PM, just deleted!!

............I suspect it's been removed by a moderator with nothing better to do than go through the ads with a fine tooth comb, finding some, any, reason to stamp his authority on the forum and write 'post deleted' Read the rules!!:evil:

I didn't even get this 'courtesy', my post was removed. My crime must have been heinous??

OK, I made a mistake, and posted a wanted ad on the general forum. I admit it, I erred!

Could a moderator not have pasted it into the correct section rather than deleting my post??

I've been a member here for a few years, and recently returned to cycling, and I have noticed that it is not the friendly place it used to be - so sad :cry:

I am a long standing member of other forums, and I have yet to see such swift and vindictive moderation on any of them.

I know from long experience that 'moderating' can be difficult and tedious, and that when I first became a moderator, I was told that a moderators first duty was to help the members. This however, even if the post is against the rules, and in my case, accidental, is not moderation, it sheer bloody mindedness, nothing less.

OK, if I'm banned, then so be it, but if that's the case, then I'd rather not be a member of a forum where the moderators treat the members with so little respect.

MODERATORS - I dare you to leave this here to be discussed, or will the temptation be too great.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Don't have a go at the moderators, not a good way to start a post. Many ads get deleted - the rules are plain to see, and if they are not followed it says that they will be deleted without warning. This has tidied up the place no end.

In your case, maybe it could have been moved, I wan't there to make this judgement. But the instructions to mods are to delete all ads in the wrong place.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Erm - with the amount of time you spent writing your rant against authority here - you could have re-read the rules and simply reposted your want ad in the correct place.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Indeed - and even mods make mistakes sometimes. Just like the OP did.
  • savantuk
    savantuk Posts: 116
    Pokerface wrote:
    Erm - with the amount of time you spent writing your rant against authority here - you could have re-read the rules and simply reposted your want ad in the correct place.

Erm, it was not a rant, it was a well considered, and, I believe a well mannered post pointing out my grievance.

I have no objection to a post being removed, and I admitted I had transgressed. It is fortunate that I was at my computer this afternoon, so when I checked the post, and found it missing, I DID re-post on the correct forum.

As I pointed out, my objection was that the post was removed, and not moved by the mod. At the very least, a PM would have been a courtesy, telling me that the post had been removed, and asking me to move it. If I had been away from the computer for a couple of days, members, wishing to sell their bit's and pieces would have been denied the opportunity to read my wanted post.

Doug