This guy loves his new Italian

glasgowbhoy
glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
edited September 2010 in Your road bikes
Looking forward to taking this out on it's first big day out tomorrow.

Kharma Race, Full Ultegra GS and pedals.
Wheels courtesy of Wheelcraft- DRC CR-X rims, DT spokes and Hope hubs on Michelin Pro Race III.

977094689_iDDz4-M.jpg

977094333_KonbM-M.jpg

977094439_Mz8fq-M.jpg

Comments

• unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    Nice :-)
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • leeroy72
    leeroy72 Posts: 330
    Very nice mate...enjoy... 8)
    Find your limits...and then exceed them frequently
  • Nice. I love the aero look of Kuota frames. Thats a nice wheelset you've got there as well. No doubt uber-smooth and very tough.
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    Looks good. Just need to sort out that tyre label and valve orientation and make sure they're lined up.

Is that Lizard Skins tape by any chance?

I hear good things about Wheelcraft. Worth the journey apparently. Where in Glasgow do you reside?
  • glasgowbhoy
    glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
    White Line wrote:
    Looks good. Just need to sort out that tyre label and valve orientation and make sure they're lined up.

Is that Lizard Skins tape by any chance?

I hear good things about Wheelcraft. Worth the journey apparently. Where in Glasgow do you reside?

Aye, had spotted that but didn't have time to spin the tyres around the rims on Sat morning. Looking after an 8 month old and trying to do do bike maintenance just doesn't work :lol:

Yes it's the lizard skin tape. Really liked it today out on the Ken Laidlaw sportive.

The Kharma rides so well. It's direct and amazingly responsive. Quite a few levels up from the Defy 2.5 I had have been on for the last year and a half.

A trip to Al at Wheelcraft should be on the 'must do' list for any West of Scotland cyclist.
    I live in Lenzie, so, its a 15min car drive or 30min cycle up to Clachan.
    It's not the sort of place you rock up and your back out the door with an order in 15min kind of place. You need to spend a couple of hours, drinking coffee or tea and getting 5min audiences whilst people come and go, dropping off and collecting wheelsets. Alistair can easily have 2-3 conversations on the go at one time whilst truing wheels at the back of the shop. It's an Aladins cave of wheels and associates parts. I must say i love a trip up there and based on todays sportive I can only praise the wheel building to be of the highest quality. The DRC rims, DT spokes, Hope hubs and pro race III tyres cost me £350 and reckon they are as good as any factory production wheels costing a fair bit more. Compared to the old Alex rims on my training bike these were F1 today! He will also take them back after 200 miles to have them trued again and thereafter fir about a fiver.
    Get yorself over there. Even if you don't end up buying anything it's still a great experience.
  • Nice looking bike. Love the seat tube.