Rapha film part deux

Cleat Eastwood
Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
edited August 2010 in The bottom bracket
Just a heads up that the second of raphas cycling short trilogy is on today only.

Much better effort than last weeks arty wank. Struck so many chords, even down to those squeaky brakes.

http://www.rapha.cc/two-broad-arrows--trailer
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.

Comments

• Watched it yesterday. It's alright. Liked the framing of the shots best. The Sean Kelly reference in the blurb seems a bit tenuous, perhaps unnecessary.

At one point I thought the sheep dog on the climb was going to round him up and force him to ride all the way up it, making him go beyond what he thought he could do. A bit too comic I guess. :lol:
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Watching it now.

s'good I think. Some of the acting is a bit hammy, but again, beautifully shot.
  • Pretre
    Pretre Posts: 355
    Perfectly okay film - very well shot & beautiful landscape - anyone know where that climb is?
    Ay least I don't feel like sending Rapha an invoice this week for the wasted time & mental distress that last weeks arty pile of utter t**s caused me.
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Pretre wrote:
    Perfectly okay film - very well shot & beautiful landscape - anyone know where that climb is?
    Ay least I don't feel like sending Rapha an invoice this week for the wasted time & mental distress that last weeks arty pile of utter t**s caused me.

Looks a little bit like Swaledale in the Yorkshire Dales. If it is, it's not far from the Buttertubs pass. Another lovely road.
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Watched it yesterday. It's alright. Liked the framing of the shots best. The Sean Kelly reference in the blurb seems a bit tenuous, perhaps unnecessary.

At one point I thought the sheep dog on the climb was going to round him up and force him to ride all the way up it, making him go beyond what he thought he could do. A bit too comic I guess. :lol:

That is what happened isn't it? Dog turned into Sean Kelly and helped him up. Then disappeared.

Perfectly normal in the North East apparently.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Meh... bag of sh!te,

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    Last weeks was better.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • jim453 wrote:
    Pretre wrote:

Looks a little bit like Swaledale in the Yorkshire Dales. If it is, it's not far from the Buttertubs pass. Another lovely road.

Nah, its all shot in northumberland.
    “If you worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.”

@mattbeedham
  • Why is it with film makers, when it has to get earthy it has to go all geordie these days?

The Rapha films are just like the clothing itself. Pompous overpriced twaddle for those who prefer to buy into a lifestyle rather than a genuine, long lasting product that will serve the test of time, and doesn't simply show that you have a bigger credit card than the next person.

Rapha, the cycling equivalent of Stella Artois.
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    I preferred the first one to the second, but that's just me. I've always liked the flashy visuals of Fincher, Aronofsky and, of course, Scott, ahead of the realism of Loach and Leigh.

Which ever you prefer, I find it amazing that some of you want to criticise. They are good films about cycling and I enjoyed both of them. So far no-one has held a gun to my head and demanded I buy Rapha. I've not paid to see these films. It's better that these films exist than not. So stop complaining.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pretre
    Pretre Posts: 355
    RichN95 wrote:
    I preferred the first one to the second, but that's just me. I've always liked the flashy visuals of Fincher, Aronofsky and, of course, Scott, ahead of the realism of Loach and Leigh.

Which ever you prefer, I find it amazing that some of you want to criticise. They are good films about cycling and I enjoyed both of them. So far no-one has held a gun to my head and demanded I buy Rapha. I've not paid to see these films. It's better that these films exist than not. So stop complaining.

The second film is a good film about cycling - the first was pretentious arty rubbish (& yes I do prerfer Aranofsky to Leigh etc)