We Are Evil

Porgy
Porgy Posts: 4,525
edited August 2010 in The bottom bracket

Comments

• White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    :lol: Got to love the Mail!

So, some really old lady died quite a few weeks after she got mugged by somebody on a BSO. :roll:

Evil lycra clad cyclists killing all our grans!
  • deptfordmarmoset
    deptfordmarmoset Posts: 3,118
    edited August 2010
    Sympathy to the family - I know how a simple fall screwed up my 90-year-old dad's life so I can understand how they must feel with death as an outcome.

And anybody who mugs an 80-year-old for £30 is cowardly scum, whether on or off a bike.

Yet the people who voted this (''What is the point, robbery and murder are no longer considered as serious crimes, but try avoiding paying your TV licence'') the best-rated post, well, they really don't have much of an idea, do they?

EDIT: I just noticed that the writer of the quote above gives his/her address as Beligum. They should get on a bike and get rid of some of that belly gum.
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    What's the problem with the story?

The fact that he snatched the bag as he cycled past make the headline relevant. Sometimes we are a bit over sensitive.
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    Sickening what people will do for next to nothing. My Gramn was mugged back in the late 90s and it did her some damage. The thieving little scrote scum need shooting!
  • Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    Let's face it, most muggers are pedestrians, the evil scumbags. We should get them to pass a test, wear helmets, pay pavement tax and display registration numbers. Oh, hang on, I like to walk sometimes.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    Smokin Joe wrote:

The fact that he snatched the bag as he cycled past make the headline relevant. Sometimes we are a bit over sensitive.

the term "cyclist"

they dont describe muggers and rapists who sport tracksuits and trainers as "athletes"
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • stock
    stock Posts: 56

they dont describe muggers and rapists who sport tracksuits and trainers as "athletes"

No, they're called Footballers

Allegedly
  • blu3cat
    blu3cat Posts: 1,016
    Smokin Joe wrote:

the term "cyclist"

no, but had the mugger been driving a car, the term Driver would probably have been used.

very sad story, also the story was 2 years old. Case of double dip sensationalism for the mail?
    "Bed is for sleepy people.
    Let's get a kebab and go to a disco."

FCN = 3 - 5
    Colnago World Cup 2
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Smokin Joe wrote:

the term "cyclist"

I'm as keen to take the mick out of the Mail as the next person but this is ridiculous. The mugger was riding a bike and was therefore a cyclist. Wearing a tracksuit and trainers doesn't make someone an athlete so they wouldn't would they. The mode of transport may also help jog the memory of any witnesses.

It's no different to saying a cyclist has been knocked down by a motorist. Let's not turn into a bunch of reactionary Mailesque types ourselves :wink:
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Smokin Joe wrote:

the term "cyclist"

+1 & :lol:

what do we expect from the hateful rag though. wipe your bum on it and you'll transfer more cr*p to you than you remove.
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    As said by others, if the mugger had snatched the bag through the window of a car he would have been described as a motorist, or a roller skater had he been on those.

Perfectly proper report, let's not get paranoid.
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    Only thing that gets me about these stories about these scrotes is the impression you get that they think - OK perhaps not- "This person has got 10p, £10 whatever lets get them cos I really need........"

We know it's because the think that pensioners always carry loads about with them cos they don't believe in Banks.
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    They pick on pensioners because they're an easy target, simple as. My Gran carried her purse in her hand, all the time, it was bound to happen eventually and some scrote stole it. A friend of hers deliberately had a purse full of buttons in plain view if a mugger did try.