Up in the hills of Wales

JD_76
JD_76 Posts: 236
edited August 2010 in Your road bikes
Thought id share a few pics from my ride out last night.
It was a little sortie of the hills, route was over Hope mountain then into Minera and over the moor then down into Llangollen and finally up and over the horseshoe pass, then home from there. 39miles in total and lots of feet.

Gf-01.jpg
Gf-02.jpg
Gf-04.jpg

Profile of ride
wales_ride_feet_scale.jpg
wales_ride_feet.jpg

Comments

• bazbadger
    bazbadger Posts: 553
    Stunning scenery! Nice bike too.
    Mens agitat molem
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Nice place, ridden there a bit, and raced Llandegla before it became "trendy"...

Spent a w/end there last Oct, climbed up Moel Famau, took in the local pubs.

Great area.
  • JD_76
    Splottboy wrote:
    Nice place, ridden there a bit, and raced Llandegla before it became "trendy"...

Spent a w/end there last Oct, climbed up Moel Famau, took in the local pubs.

Great area.

Nice one, Moel famau is a good ride, its very steep especially if you approach it from the Ruthin side and then down into Loggerheads.

The descent I love is from the Horseshoe pass into Ruthin on the A525, good road surface with blind sweeping bends through the trees - goes on for ages :)
  • hairyleg
    hairyleg Posts: 134
    Great bike route some of the best in North east Wales,love the horseshoe pass ride.
    How you finding the new bike?
    This is not a race!!!!But I'm winning
    Canyon cf
    Cannondale caadx 9
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    For sure far better than England.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    Nice bike, but stunning scenery. Almost as good as Cornwall. Almost...
  • JD_76
    hairyleg wrote:
    How you finding the new bike?

Im loving it thanks mate, still fettling with the bar setup as it came with 44" and Im going to change to a 42" bar which should fit me better, the 44's are a bit wider than my shoulders and feel kind of too wide.

Not had any problems with the bike at all, just need to ride it as often as possible up these lovely hills :)