Shafted by Young boys

Cleat Eastwood
Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
edited August 2010 in The bottom bracket
Young Boys 3 - 2 Tottenham

What happened there then?
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.

Comments

• Eh? What are you talking about? Its all lies it didnt happen!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,147
    Eh? What are you talking about? Its all lies it didnt happen!

You're lucky you didn't have to play against the older boys.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Spurs scum!
  • RichN95 wrote:

You're lucky you didn't have to play against the older boys.

I will admit I did look into what the likelihood of me going to prison was if I were to have phoned up and said that everyone needs to leave the stadium as something is going to go bang in a minute.

I would have happily done 6 Months for a restart.
  • Eh? What are you talking about? Its all lies it didnt happen!

And it didn't happen in the Wankdorf stadium either. The commentator, to avoid embarrassment, called it the Stade de Suisse. Now why would German-speaking Bern name its biggest stadium in French?
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    This is what happens when you allow mickey mouse premiership sides to enter the Champions League. :wink:
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    Don't write them off just yet . . .
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,147
    alfablue wrote:

Sadly, this is true. Spurs should still progress quite comfortably.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Gazzaputt wrote:
    This is what happens when you allow mickey mouse premiership sides to enter the Champions League. :wink:

Eh? Mickey Mouse teams? But its Chelsea, Utd, the Ar5e and the Spurs, no Mickey Mou............oh I get, yeah very funny :roll:

:lol:
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493

And it didn't happen in the Wankdorf stadium either. The commentator, to avoid embarrassment, called it the Stade de Suisse. Now why would German-speaking Bern name its biggest stadium in French?

How fortunate that "w" is pronounced as a "v" in german.....
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    Young Boys are known for rarely leaving clean sheets
  • brakelever
    brakelever Posts: 158
    bleedin astroturf roll on return at the lane , i know not much of an excuse but its as good as it gets :lol: come on you spurs .
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    brakelever wrote:
    bleedin astroturf roll on return at the lane , i know not much of an excuse but its as good as it gets :lol: come on you spurs .

+1

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    Eee I remember when I were just a slip of a lad that only countrie's Champions were in Champion's League.

What happened, have I woken up yet,is that George lad still playing? - at least he could tackle back and not be knocked over by a puff
    of wind :twisted:

Fairs cup were good especially the roundabouts. :wink:
  • Any Citeh fans on here? Good luck against FC Tiramisu tonight.

Oo r day?

Zackly.

:lol:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,444
    Young Boys are known for rarely leaving clean sheets

:lol: It's a brilliant name for the tabloids - did they make the most of it? I thought they missed a treat a few years back when Stefan Kuntz knocked England out of some tournament.

The commentators must have worked really hard to avoid standard phrases like "Defoe is getting in behind Young Boys regularly". Hope they never get relegated, all the headlines of Young Boys going down could lead to a lot of undesireables moving to Switzerland :shock:
  • Lillywhite
    Lillywhite Posts: 742
    RichN95 wrote:
    alfablue wrote:

Spurs should still progress quite comfortably.

The last time Spurs played in a preliminary round of the European Cup (as the Champions League was then called) in 1961 they lost 4-2 to Gornick Zabrze after being 4-0 down.

In the second leg, at home, they squeezed past the opposition 8-1.

I expect something similar might happen this Wednesday. :wink:
  • Next :D

COYS.
  • Mad Roadie
    Mad Roadie Posts: 710
    they were fantastic to watch tonight
  • brakelever
    young boys get there arses spanked , we did just enought , could the glory nights return to the lane , wait and see ! only hope our pikey neighbours up the road fall at the first hurdle :lol:
  • ishmael
    ishmael Posts: 35
    Got Inter in the group stage. Bugger. :(

But I didn't really expect to get into the knockout stages anyhow.

Man U vs Rangers - now THAT could be a rare old night in Manchester!
  • ishmael wrote:
    Got Inter in the group stage. Bugger. :(

But I didn't really expect to get into the knockout stages anyhow.

Man U vs Rangers - now THAT could be a rare old night in Manchester!

Yeah it is a shame, I was hoping for Barca or Madrid. Nevermind, Inter will have to do until the knockout stages. The season ends in 1 & the final is in Wembley, may as well just give us the cup now :P
  • Spurs is a funny team. For a while they've often played some of the most enjoyable football around but they've mixed their good performances with some atrocious ones. Recently, there's a lot more spine to them and they can now get by without Ledley. But, apart from not having been born anywhere near White Hart Lane, I could never be a Spurs supporter. Because the roller-coaster ride they deliver would have already caused me to die from cardiac arrest. I wish them well though. From a safe distance.....
  • Spurs is a funny team. For a while they've often played some of the most enjoyable football around but they've mixed their good performances with some atrocious ones. Recently, there's a lot more spine to them and they can now get by without Ledley. But, apart from not having been born anywhere near White Hart Lane, I could never be a Spurs supporter. Because the roller-coaster ride they deliver would have already caused me to die from cardiac arrest. I wish them well though. From a safe distance.....

That's what makes it all worthwhile. The "big four" assume success every year while we have to wait and can still bin it at any moment.2 0 up last night with Gomes struggling & we are knocking it about our back 4, I was sh1tting bricks, 3 0 & I finally began to relax. Wouldn't have it any other way 8)
  • brakelever
    as a life long spurs follower i know about the rollercoaster ride , but times are changing , we should fear no one , perhaps a player or two short but they will come , who cares if its inter , real madrid, et all , stand firm fear naught , AND COME ON YOU SPURS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol:
  • Lillywhite
    brakelever wrote:
    as a life long spurs follower i know about the rollercoaster ride.....

Same here. Saw my first game at the Lane, as a nipper, in September 1957 and nothing ever will surpass that Double season in 1960-61 when the football played was sublime. :wink:

COYS
  • brakelever
    lillywhite , brillant article on bill nicholson in todays times , dont think harry is in his league but do believe we can progress in the cup , as i said think we are a player or two short will be a interesting season , would be lovely to see us go farther than those pikeys up the road :lol: COME ON YOU SPURS
  • Lillywhite
    brakelever wrote:
    .....brillant article on bill nicholson in todays times.......

Billy Nick should have been knighted. :cry:
  • brakelever
    oh the joys of being a spurs man , lose at home to wigan, never got started going to have to show more get up and go , than we did today :cry: