Barclays Cycle Hire - access expiry

artaxerxes
artaxerxes Posts: 612
edited August 2010 in Commuting chat
Hi there, has anyone had any problems purchasing access credits for the London hire bikes today?
I initially purchased 1 days worth of access which is now used up, and have got auto-renewal turned off. I haven't been able to but further credit at any of the docking terminals, and online it looks like you have to buy a new access key. With no option to purchase access credit without the key. Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    just buy online you don't have to buy the key and wont get charged... if you've logged in
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 290
    what happens if you get to your destination bay, but its full up?
    I arrived at destination yesterday, one bay remaining. Spent a minute trying to dock the bike only to realise that the bay was faulty, had to ride on to the next bay where i successfully docked.

Had i been close to my 30 minute free period, i would have exceeded it and been charged...
    B'Twin Sport 1
    FCN 7 =4, +2(non cycling clothes) +1(beard)
  • artaxerxes
    just buy online you don't have to buy the key and wont get charged... if you've logged in

I was logged in, and I clicked on the 'Buy new access period' link. I could select the Access period from a pull down list, and the Number of keys from a separate pull down list. Except there was no 0 option in the number of keys list. It then tried to charge me £4 so I cancelled the transaction.
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    dcurzon wrote:
    what happens if you get to your destination bay, but its full up?
    I arrived at destination yesterday, one bay remaining. Spent a minute trying to dock the bike only to realise that the bay was faulty, had to ride on to the next bay where i successfully docked.

Had i been close to my 30 minute free period, i would have exceeded it and been charged...

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/cycling/15021.aspx

"If the docking station's full when you return your cycle, check the terminal to see where there are free docking points. You can get up to 15 minutes extra time if you need to cycle to another station."
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    artaxerxes wrote:

I was logged in, and I clicked on the 'Buy new access period' link. I could select the Access period from a pull down list, and the Number of keys from a separate pull down list. Except there was no 0 option in the number of keys list. It then tried to charge me £4 so I cancelled the transaction.

it says that but it doesn't so don't worry
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • artaxerxes
    it says that but it doesn't so don't worry

Right o, will give it another go then. Cheers!