Southern Mallorca.

Aggieboy
Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
edited August 2010 in Tour & expedition
Anyone got any info re cycling in the area of point A on this map, please. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sourc ... 2&t=h&z=10

My 9 year old daughter is going there training so I'll have lots of spare time and I know the hotel rents out nice bikes 8) . Any info gratefully received.
"There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."

Comments

• 4kicks
    4kicks Posts: 549
    Flat. Very, very flat
    Your best bet is to head up to the nearby monastry climbs of Randa, San salvador and the other round there whose name Ive forgotten. Think the nearest real bike Shop will have to be SEscapada in Campos but htey deal mostly in Mountain Bikes so not sure if they run a group ride.
    Fitter....healthier....more productive.....
  • Aggieboy
    4kicks wrote:
    Flat. Very, very flat
    Your best bet is to head up to the nearby monastry climbs of Randa, San salvador and the other round there whose name Ive forgotten. Think the nearest real bike Shop will have to be SEscapada in Campos but htey deal mostly in Mountain Bikes so not sure if they run a group ride.

Thanks for replying. I'll look those up. As the island is only 40 miles N-S I'll go and explore a bit. I've got a nice Cube bike arranged through the training camp at the hotel.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Yo buddy...

yes, Felantx - San Salvador.
    LucMajor -Randa.
    Lucmajor - Algaida - SantaMaria- Alaro - over the Orient (magic!!!) - Bunyola - SantaMaria etc.

`it's all good over there!
    javascript:emoticon(':D')
  • Aggieboy
    Yo buddy...

yes, Felantx - San Salvador.
    LucMajor -Randa.
    Lucmajor - Algaida - SantaMaria- Alaro - over the Orient (magic!!!) - Bunyola - SantaMaria etc.

`it's all good over there!
    ':D'

I should have guessed you'd been there! :) Thanks very much for that. Finally I get to go cycling even though the swimming's coming first.
  • 4kicks
    4kicks Posts: 549
    Note that the Road down from Puig De Honor (Bunyola) towards Orient is REALLY cut up right now, not sure I would do it fast. There is also big road works coming in to Lloseta from Alaro so you should head down from Alaro towards Binissalem as opposed to carying on the descent into Alaro. I live at the bottom of the Lluc climb in Caimari so if you want to go for a ride round me pm me..

PS. the Cube bikes are great, but you´ll look like a German!
    Fitter....healthier....more productive.....