Fizik Arione CX Saddle - Carbon Braided Rails

lancejambo
lancejambo Posts: 147
edited August 2010 in Road buying advice
Fizik Arione CX Saddle - Carbon Braided Rails who has one is it worth the cash

Comments

• fluided
    fluided Posts: 114
    i have the fizik arione Black - K:ium Rails saddle and it's lovely super comfy

£68.00 at chainreaction
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    fluided wrote:
    i have the fizik arione Black - K:ium Rails saddle and it's lovely super comfy

£68.00 at chainreaction

+ 1
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    the difference between the arione k:ium and the cx braided is the carbon rails, which make it 56g lighter (about 25%), the saddle body itself is the same - imho comfy

the carbon cx braided is much more expensive and has a different saddle construction, but it's only 10g lighter than the cx braided
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • gwillis
    gwillis Posts: 998
    I bought one to replace my standard Scott CR1 saddle. It needs to be but forward between 10mm to 15mm I was told by my LBS in order to get the same fit as they are quite long. So far so good and im not sure really how uch difference the carbon rails make. I was able to get mine on the C2W scheme so it was cheaper and Im trying to shave weight off my CR1 so it kind of made sense
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Cant see that the rails make that much difference. I know PX were selling Ariones for £35 or so ?
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    Not been able to compare the same saddle with and without carbon rails but I've read a few places that they can make a surprising amount of difference (reducing road buzz) so personally I'd get one if I could afford it...