login problem

top_bhoy
top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
I try to login and get the message "You have been banned from this forum. Please contact the webmaster or board administrator for more information"

I can see that I have logged in as my name appears on the 'whos online' list at the bottom of the page. That is the only way I can get access to let you know I have a login problem with the forum.

Its not entirely clear on any of the Bikeradar pages, who to contact or how, in such situations. If there is a contact, this should be made clearer to all.

Can you look at resolving my current login problem please?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    sorry dont quite understand the problem?

you are able to post and you have logged in so you can not be banned?

or was this from a different PC/location?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • top_bhoy
    I can log in with my PC at work without any issues (though I haven't tried to logout and back in again from the work PC as I login automatically once I go to the website) but cannot login from the home PC without the 'banned' notification appearing. I've cleared the cache, history, etc from the home PC to no avail.

It was working fine on Sunday then I closed the browser. 15 minutes later I went to the website and then found myself barred.

If I logout of the work PC, I can't be sure of logging back in to respond to requests.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    Most likely, you've been unlucky enough to be assigned a banned IP address at home. One of the ways we fight spammers is to ban the IP address they post from. If it's an address which is likely to be used by other users, we obviously won't ban it, but sometimes one can slip through that will accidentally result in someone being wrongfully banned from the site by their IP address.

Unfortunately, there's not a lot we can do about it. If there's a way to get your internet connection to renew its IP address, that's your best bet of making it work again.
  • top_bhoy
    A public thank-you for your time and help in resolving this (fingers crossed :) )

Cheers