Two Tone bar tape?

05hcarth
05hcarth Posts: 25
edited August 2010 in Workshop
Hi, is there anyone out there that knows how to produce a two tone effect with bar tape. Here is an example. Thanks.

http://img11.beijing2008.cn/20080809/Img214522038.jpg

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Buy two rolls of tape and use half up to the levers and the second colour afterwards - finish one half by taping it to the hood and likewise, start the second.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    Isn't that the Fizik tape?

Like this: 7370ca5efizik-antares-liq.jpg

In fact ... it's probably not. Doesn't look like a Fizik saddle and I've never seen it in that colour before. I vote for two rolls of tape too.
  • Sgt_Pepper
    Sgt_Pepper Posts: 172
    It's funny you should post that Whiteline, as i'm thinking of going with a two tone bar on my CAAD9. With green on the tops and white on the drops.
    I'm probly gonna have to use two tapes tho, as i cant find a good dual coloured one.
  • prb007
    prb007 Posts: 703
    If Wales was flattened out, it'd be bigger than England!
    Planet X Ti Sportive for Sportives & tours
    Orange Alpine 160 for Afan,Alps & dodging trees
    Singlespeed Planet X Kaffenback for dodging potholes
    An On-One Inbred for hard-tail shenanigans...
  • Sgt_Pepper
    Now i've done it i'm not too sure on the colour. I'll give it a week. But might just go all white.

twotone.jpg
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    What tape is that you've used on the tops Sgt.?

I noticed Fizik do a Liquigas green and I was tempted but I hope that isn't it. That looks like the fluro reflective stuff ideal for winter riding.
  • Sgt_Pepper
    Deda Tape tops and drops, the top is Green Apple. It's probly a shade or two lighter than the Cannondale green.

T'was only cheap so thought i'd give it a go. But if Fizik do a Liquigas green i may buy some of that, and do it properly.
    FSA Also do a similar green tape too, but its hard to judge colours on the net.
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    The green from Fizik.

A0693-B.jpg

Like you say, hard to tell on on the web though.
  • White Line
    I think somebody had the green Fizik tape on a Trek 1.5 on here a while ago. The name of the owner escapes me at the moment though. Sure the guy has a Boardman as well if that helps. Anyway, point is that the green Fizik tape is much more Liquigas green than what I've seen from Deda, Lizard Skins or Bontrager.
  • Sgt_Pepper
    Just ordred the Fizik Microtex from Wiggle, will report back when it arrives. may need to get some gel pads as it looks a little thin.
  • Sgt_Pepper
    Wrapped my bars again today with the Fizik tape, it's still not identical to the Cannondale green but it's a much better colour than the Deda stuff, much nicer to hold too.

Colour Comparison
    Two.jpg

Three.jpg

One.jpg
  • Lazarus
    Lazarus Posts: 1,426
    Nice job on the taping and nice colour choice as well :D

Stem Cap would drive me crazy not pointing in the right direction but more importantly where do you get a missus that lets you work on the bike in the living room ? :)
    A punctured bicycle
    On a hillside desolate
    Will nature make a man of me yet ?
  • White Line
    Forget the bartape! Is that a Dreamcast I see!? :twisted:
  • Sgt_Pepper
    lol yeh, the Dreamcast. I've probly only played on it two or three times in the last ten years but i just cant bring myself to get rid of it, i've still got my original Megadrive too.

Lazarus my missus doesn't let me bring my bike into the living room, but she does go to work tho :wink:
    Also i put the stem cap like that on purpose 'cos it's cool yo.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Looks nice, might get some when I get a new bike.
  • Lazarus
    Lazarus Posts: 1,426
    Sgt_Pepper wrote:
    Lazarus my missus doesn't let me bring my bike into the living room, but she does go to work tho :wink:

Been there. lol
    A punctured bicycle
    On a hillside desolate
    Will nature make a man of me yet ?
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Single colour bar tape looks much, much better IMO. That just looks odd.
    More problems but still living....