Super Six Hi Mod SRAM Red (edit- new FFWD wheels)

rjh299
rjh299 Posts: 721
edited February 2012 in Your road bikes
SuperSix1.jpg
SuperSix2.jpg
SuperSix3.jpg
SuperSix4.jpg
SuperSix5.jpg

My new Super Six Hi Mod. As standard except for:
Tyres- Michelin Pro Race 3
Saddle- Selle Italia Gel Flow Team Edition
Pedals- Look Keo Sprints
Bottle Cages- Arundel Mandible
Weighs 7.18kg and rides like a dream![/img]

Comments

• dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Looks really nice. Good use of red and white. Now, you can't really ride it because you'll never be able to keep it clean. :wink::wink:
  • Very very nice bike, what handlebar tape is that?
  • rjh299
    Very very nice bike, what handlebar tape is that?

Fizik Micro Tex
  • Speed_King
    Speed_King Posts: 510
    I noticed that you have your sensor on the chain stay as opposed to the forks as per normal set up, is this better and is it a cateye micro wireless you got ? i got mine on the forks and i gotta admit it does get annoying looking at it sometimes messing up the clean look of the forks.

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/8573/p2401101217.jpg
    G.H.Allum
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    It's probably the Cateye sensor which does Speed and Cadence in one. If so, it's positioned on the chainstay because it has to be near a wheel and a crankarm.
  • Speed_King
    So there is no way i can have my sensor off the forks then? It looks so unsightly
    G.H.Allum
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Mate give it a go. Try it on the back wheel.....

He's not using the same sensor as you. Some sensors need to be within a certain number of centimetres from the main computer unit. Certainly Polar ones do. Dunno about your one.
  • storck
    storck Posts: 64
    nice bike really nice i have been looking at Arundel cages can you tell me where you got them if in UK im looking at same as yours only in white cheers.
  • rjh299
    Speed_King wrote:
    I noticed that you have your sensor on the chain stay as opposed to the forks as per normal set up, is this better and is it a cateye micro wireless you got ? i got mine on the forks and i gotta admit it does get annoying looking at it sometimes messing up the clean look of the forks.

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/8573/p2401101217.jpg

I'm using Garmin 705 with cadence sensor so that's why it's on the chainstay. As EKIMIKE said, you could try moving your sensor but the computer may not pick up the signal from that far away.
  • rjh299
    storck wrote:
    nice bike really nice i have been looking at Arundel cages can you tell me where you got them if in UK im looking at same as yours only in white cheers.

I got the Arundel Mandible cages from http://www.echelon-cycles.co.uk/index.html they aren't advertised on their website but if you ring you can order them. Think Posh Bikes also sell them.
  • Speed_King
    Thanks mate i gave it a go last night and it was like you said i need the cadence kit for my computer which i can get. The furthest i could put it was on the top tube under the saddle but tht looked so daft lol lol .. So i put it back :( never mind
    G.H.Allum
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    where did you get that chainstay protector near the cranks, was it standard fit or can i buy one. it looks handy.
  • rjh299
    rake wrote:
    where did you get that chainstay protector near the cranks, was it standard fit or can i buy one. it looks handy.

Comes as standard
  • ianeverton
    ianeverton Posts: 231
    That is a truelly awsome looking machine, one of the best I have seen tbh :)
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    I think those frames look awesome, best looking frames out.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hi I have just ordered the super six hi-mod sram red. your pics show a cannondale carbon? crank, is this standard as the web shows standard sram red crank arms?

thanks

andy
  • rjh299
    Yeah when i ordered it i thought it would come with standard Red cranks but these were fitted wheh it arrived. They're still SRAM cranks (say powered by SRAM on) but 'rebadged' by Cannondale. Not sure on the actual difference tbh
  • It looks fast even leaning against the wall.

Gorgeous. :D
  • rjh299
    New wheels. Shiny, shiny...

5520619461_d5596d2441.jpg

5521212584_7276eaa991.jpg

5520622367_21bab68499.jpg

5521213352_ef318e6c29.jpg
  • c0ugars
    c0ugars Posts: 202
    Great looking bike, the wheels really set it off!!!!
  • Zachariah
    Zachariah Posts: 782
    The only drawback now is, you only have yourself to blame when you lose.
  • The wheels really bring it to life. Nice one dude 8)
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Ooh... who's inners come with red valve caps? 8)

Really smart looking machine.
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    Super looking ride.

And I too must know what make those tubes are :)
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • Bontrager Race X Lite tubes come with red valve caps.

Looks awesome on the new wheels.
  • rjh299
    Bontrager Race X Lite tubes come with red valve caps.

Looks awesome on the new wheels.

Well done that man. Correct! They're not actually X Lite tubes in there though. Just took the caps off my other bike. Bit of OCD coming through.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Defo better with the black tyres...
  • Looks awesome with the new wheels!

Where abouts in Cornwall are you?
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    I agree that the wheels really set it off. Great looking bike mate!

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • rjh299
    Really pleased with the wheels, even if I haven't got much use out of them, only use them on good days. Cannondale's been away since October, be like xmas when I can put the winter bike away and get this out again :D
    Cornish-J wrote:
    Where abouts in Cornwall are you?

Redruth/Truro area, mostly ride down West; St Ives, Penzance way. I haven't seen your Boardman flash past me, so you must be further up.