Specialized warranty

mark9h1bn
mark9h1bn Posts: 4
edited August 2010 in MTB general
I was going trough the Specialized website in warranty condtions and I noticed that from Ltd lifetime now they turned it down to 5 years on frames ..... any news on this..

As usual this is only for Europe , the US keeps the ltd lifetime!!!

Comments

• mea00csf
    mea00csf Posts: 558
    i don't get why people are so bothered by stuff like this. Surely, unless you haven't used your bike for 5 years, it'd be next to impossible to prove that a breakage is manufacture defect rather than fatigue/crash etc. You'd have to have hardly used your bike to have not spotted a manufacturer defect within 5 years, though i'd love to hear from anyone who has........
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    Are you sure it's not an out of date page?
  • Skonk
    Skonk Posts: 364
    The warranty covered breakage from normal usage so if your downhill frame snapped while doing downhill for example, they should fix/replace it.

But even with the Lifetime Warranty, it was only on the single-peice front end of the frame; the rear end (seat and chain stays) were only covered for 5 years.

I was still under the impression that they did lifetime on the frame but it may well have changed; although surely if you buy a frame when they are pushing a lifetime warranty, they have to honor it even if new frame sales have a shorter warranty period?
    Canyon Spectral AL 9.0 EX
    Planet X RT90 Ultegra Di2
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    Skonk wrote:
    although surely if you buy a frame when they are pushing a lifetime warranty, they have to honor it even if new frame sales have a shorter warranty period?

Yes they will. I'm sure it is an out of date page as I work in a Specialized dealer and we aren't aware of the change. In fact, Specialized honoured the warranty on a 2002 frame the other week. Even though it originally came with a 5 year warranty.
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    I've been told it covers all failures in 'normal use' etc DH bikes in DH, Trail Bikes on Trails etc.

Do they still replace like-for-like? I.E. if my 2006 Enduro Expert would broke (heaven forbid, I love it) would I get a 2010 Endruo Expert Frame? Not sure all my stuff would fit / suit the newer frames.
  • hello all ... these are latest updates on warranties , the had 5 years in the past and turned it to lifetime but now again 5 year........