Another CAAD9 - Updated

Lagavulin
Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
edited January 2011 in Your road bikes
Picked up my CAAD 9 Ultegra on Saturday.

caad9_01.jpg.

Now with comfortable saddle (which doesn't creak like a wooden ship when in the saddle), de-stickered rims, matching SL-K seatpost and lovely Veloflex Pave 22mm tyres.

Loving the supplied FSA compact bars though. I had bought a set of 3T ErgoNovas to put on the Izoard but I may get another set of the FSAs and getting on great with Ultegra 6700.

Comments

• White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    Lovely. 8)

What is it with that saddle, eh?! Most irritating thing ever. The SLR matches it really well IMO. Mine looked a bit purple compared to the blue on the frame, but after a week or two it got a but bluer. :? Really need to get an updated picture soon.

I think I've been spending too much time on Weight Weenies but; I think the Racing 7s would look awesome without the stickers if you were to keep the Veloflex tyres on there.

I love the new 6700 too. Especially after a while of using it. Using my winter bike (with old Shimano levers) feels wrong. I just can't seem to get a comfortable hand position that doesn't make me get into a super-aero tuck.
  • Sgt_Pepper
    Sgt_Pepper Posts: 172
    The Veloflex does go nice with the colours, it brightens the bike up. wouldn't mind some myself.

All this talk about Ultegra is makin my creditcard itchy. :D
  • White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    Do it, Sgt Pepper! That's an order!
  • Lagavulin
    Cheers. Yes it's shame about the other Veloflex. They look stunning. I may yet email PBK and see about having it returned under a manufacturing error. Unfortunately I ordered it days before my bike arrived and so the 7 days is long up.

Was thinking about removing the stickers myself. Decided against selling the R7s but I think I need to keep reminding myself that this is now essentially my winter bike and not to get too carried away.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Lagavulin wrote:
    Cheers. Yes it's shame about the other Veloflex. They look stunning. I may yet email PBK and see about having it returned under a manufacturing error. Unfortunately I ordered it days before my bike arrived and so the 7 days is long up.

Was thinking about removing the stickers myself. Decided against selling the R7s but I think I need to keep reminding myself that this is now essentially my winter bike and not to get too carried away.

If it's faulty it shouldn't matter about the 7 days. It's not as though you've been using it otherwise?

Any good retailer would listen to your side of the story, and if you are genuine, and the retailer values it's customers it would sort you out.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Lagavulin
    Now with a comfortable saddle, de-stickered rims, matching SL-K seatpost and lovely Veloflex Pave 22mm tyres. :D
  • bazbadger
    bazbadger Posts: 553
    That's very nice.

Always sort of wish I got a CAAD 9 instead of my PX - especially when Primera had them on silly money in the Christmas break.

Your version is one of my fav bikes of 2010.
    Mens agitat molem
  • billysan
    billysan Posts: 575
    Thats looks superb, well done. The Paves finish it perfectly.
  • Lagavulin
    Now with some posher wheels...

caad9_3.jpg
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Nice but those wheels would look better without the stickers.
  • Lagavulin
    Must confess I am tempted to ditch them.
  • Supergoose
    Supergoose Posts: 1,089
    Lagavulin wrote:
    Must confess I am tempted to ditch them.

You can always replace them if you dont like it but stealth ftw. 8)
    Rock 'n' Roule