specialzed fsr xc comp rear shock spec

lugsey2k5
lugsey2k5 Posts: 960
edited August 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
hello
i was just wondering what the eye to eye and stroke length is on the 2010 fsr xc comp.
i have tried there site but non of the pdf manuals work says a font error.
any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• 7.5" eye to eye with a stroke of 1.750"
    Suspension servicing, tuning, parts, setup and race support
    Locotuning.co.uk
  • lugsey2k5
    thanks and bugger.
    im looking for a fox float rear shock rp2 or 23 if possible but it appears the stroke length is an odd size with mojo not even listing this size. does any one have any ideas were i could find one this size. iv tried ebay plus all bike sites i can think of
  • specialized's is slightly different to most places. Chainreaction cycles will have something for you.

The triad shock on the XC Pro is brill and has performed v.well in the 2 months i've had the bike
  • turns3eh
    turns3eh Posts: 31
    tftuned will proberly make one up for you
    To Infinity and Beyond
  • lugsey2k5
    crc have got nothing in that size.
    iv emailed Mojo and they would want full price for the shock £349 +£30 build fees which is too expensive for me.
    assuming there is no frame contact issues would be the any problem running a longer stroke? would it not increase travel a little and just run slightly less sag to compensate? it would take the travel to 4.57" so half a inch increase
  • Ive not tried but by all accounts it doesn't work like that and won't function properly
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    I run a different stroke shock on my 09 FSR, and Im really happy with it. If you can find a 190x50 shock that could work for you - I cant see any issues in running that. You'll also get more travel. You could even go longer; but do check whether its even likely to work first! you can do this by taking the shock off, and compressing the frame down to the newly shortened length - dos the linkage foul? Will the shock when remounted still fit? Nothing would be worse than buying a shock and finding that it doesn't work.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    I run a different stroke shock on my 09 FSR, and Im really happy with it. If you can find a 190x50 shock that could work for you - I cant see any issues in running that. You'll also get more travel. You could even go longer; but do check whether its even likely to work first! you can do this by taking the shock off, and compressing the frame down to the newly shortened length - dos the linkage foul? Will the shock when remounted still fit? Nothing would be worse than buying a shock and finding that it doesn't work.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • lugsey2k5
    cool. will look into that might be a solution.
    thanks