Fao Moderator chaps

-liam-
-liam- Posts: 1,831
Evening chaps.

Dunno if you can help me before i repost the thread but a for sale thread of mine has gone walk about. Sent the below message to andy but he's not on so perhaps someone else knows something about it :)

Andy,
Thread of mine has gone
missing.
Mountain bike bits for sale
section. Contained pic's and
prices.
Chap had asked a few
questions and i had
answered them. Posted that
the item was sold about an
hour ago and the thread has
now gone.
Any idea fella and if i've
broke a rule to cause it to be
deleted i'd like you to
explain.
Cheers chap.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    did it have an E bay link in it?

I think it did.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • -liam-
    Erm, yes, but if you actually read the thread it was the auction i actually bought the seatpost from. Not an auction where i was selling something. Just illustrating the fact that i was selling something for 16 quid that was retailing for 20 quid when i bought it.

I'd be surprised if the auction was even still running as i bought the post 6 odd weeks ago lol
  • -liam-
    I'd appreciate some confirmation of this please at some point.

Just in case there is any confusion, here is an identical thread on STW.

www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/for-sale-few-bits
  • nicklouse
    like i said read the rules No Ebay links.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • -liam-
    You are seriously being a bit pedantic now arent you nick?

Andy "The classifieds Mod" replied and told me to repost it and he would keep an eye on it and you and go and delete it......Do you chaps not work together and do you just not have one ounce of common sense ? IF you had of replied as requested above and advised me then perhaps I might of altered it but as you couldnt be bothered.....

Nice work...
  • nicklouse
    why is there an Ebay link?

rules NO Ebay. end of.
    Ebay links are NOT allowed. Any posts with them in will be deleted without warning.

simple really.
  • -liam-
    Applying a little tiny ickle bit of common sense to the situation if you can cope with that....

Surely the ebay links rule, of which I fully agree with applies to people that are selling something on ebay and just want to pop a link in the classifieds to gain a little more exposure to their auction? Absolutely. Of course it is....

Now that common sense bit.

If some chap, bought something on ebay some time ago and is selling it on to the good people of bike radar only, at a loss I might add and just wants to show everyone, "look!..This item was £20 on ebay when I bought it but I will let you have it for £16!!..Arent I a nice chap"...Applying that little bit of common sense I was talking about earlier, which as a moderator you need, where exactly is the harm in that?

Anyway. I don't give a hoot....Its clear you are either on a wind up or some kind of power trip so its not worth my time :)

Cheers.