Siid shoes - pain on the right side of my feet!!

highlander777
highlander777 Posts: 67
edited August 2010 in Road beginners
Hi

I have just bought a new bike + everything else

I went mad and bought some SIDI ERGO 2

i have also gone with LOOK pedals.

I have been out twice and I get a dull pain on the right side of my feet when I pedal. I have not got the shoes too tight as they are OK when I walk in them

Anyone got any thoughts as they cost a lot of money!

Comments

• ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    You've got the twisty buckle too tight.

The idea is that they fit snugly, not grip your foot like an anaconda. Same with the ratchety buckle.
  • So , I loosened twisty buckle and that has not helped.

When I take the shoe off and press against my foot, it feels like a bruise

I paid £240 for these shoes. I thought they would fit like a glove :-(
  • Seanos
    Seanos Posts: 301
    So , I loosened twisty buckle and that has not helped.

When I take the shoe off and press against my foot, it feels like a bruise

I paid £240 for these shoes. I thought they would fit like a glove :-(
    Sounds like they are too narrow. Constant pressure on the outside of your foot can cause a lasting injury and you could end up with permanent nerve damage (I know from bitter experience with ski boots).

Take them back if you can, or sell them. Or you could try and stretch them a bit. Northwave are generally quite wide fitting, and some makes (I think Sidi) do 'mega' sizes, which are wider than the standard fit.
  • johnnyL
    johnnyL Posts: 36
    Go to a decent bike shop and get them to check your cleat setup.

My riding buddy has Look pedals and had the same problem with pain on the outside of his feet, however a local bike shop managed to sort the problem. They fitted some shims to his pedals after checking his bike/ cleat set-up and pedalling style. Found his hips to be wider than most, which was putting presure on the outside of his feet.
    skinny as
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    I got some 2nd hand Sidi's and had exactly the same pain, however after a few hours of riding I suddenly noticed they had become loose so wound up the ratched and they have been perfect ever since.
    It just seemed to me that they take a little time to adapt to your foot but once they do they are great. I suggest you persevere a little more before doing anything drastic.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols