When TT's go wrong

rebs
rebs Posts: 891
edited August 2010 in Amateur race
I'm still very new to cycling and have only done afew 10 mile TT's ran by East London Velo/Beacontree Wheelers which have been fun. The Orginal course had been moved to another location because of traffic lights.

Completed the new course very nervously (It's horrible learning a new course!) Second time on the course is where it all goes wrong. I take a wrong turning then end up looping around in the wrong place twice. To the point wher eI'm totally lost and confused as to what the hell has happened. Managed to clock up a fair enough extra mailes and even more annoyingly I'm not feeling as tired as previous TT's! Ended up being rescused and pointed in the wrong direct from the rest of hte even who were out looking for me!

Was so embarrassing causing so much hassle for everyone. it had just started to turn dark when I'm having to cycle back to the start where the whether changed where I'm stuck in Heavy rainful with thunder and lghting around... great!

Dreading turning up next week as I am certainly feeling like such an idiot. But I'm really getting into the TT's and will really want to try to push my speed up alot through the on coming winter to perhaps be confident to try some reaces. I'm fairly fit from football but seeing some of the racing at Hog Hill on the Thursday makes me think I've a long way to go!

Will certainly look to get moved involved and hopfully join up with ELV and see where it goes. Just so long as I don't get lost even more! Just very glad everyone played down the getting lost thing and were really nice about it! I'm still very much an idiot for doing this. Would have been much better to get lost the first attempt not the second! :(

Comments

• At least if you raced at Hog Hill you'd be unlikely to get lost
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    At least if you raced at Hog Hill you'd be unlikely to get lost

You'd think that... but I did watch someone on the TT in the Essex Giro opening stage go the wrong way... I won't name her, but it's not unique to TT'ing on the road!
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    I had been toying with doing the Lea Valley CC Time trials on the Wednesdays. I'm sure I'd find a way to take a wrong turn somewhere. perhaps doing continous lows on the further circuit with no sight of a finish line! :P

Dreading going back next Friday. Am sure the chaps the run the event are also dreading me returning. But I shall persist! :P
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Don't worry I think a_n_t did 25 miles or something silly on the Macc Wheelers Club 10.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    I've known a few local riders make a wrong turn on our club course!
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    Don't worry I think a_n_t did 25 miles or something silly on the Macc Wheelers Club 10.

:lol:

It was in the region of 17/18 or so I think by the time I got back to the HQ, I got worried when I hadn't seen a finish board and I'd done 11 miles! :)
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • rebs wrote:
    I had been toying with doing the Lea Valley CC Time trials on the Wednesdays.

They've finished now (until next summer), but they were on Tuesdays, so just as well you didn't turn up on a Wednesday.