Specialized Allez Elite 2010

wayneabs
wayneabs Posts: 63
edited November 2010 in Your road bikes
Picked this up with the cycle to work scheme for £799.99. Haven't added much at the moment - mainly some new wheels/tyres. So far spent just over £1000 which seems reasonable. Not as pricey as many of the other bikes on here but this is my first bike and haven't done much riding yet so thought this would be a good start : )

SDC11887.jpg

FRAME: Specialized Allez A1 Premium aluminum, fully manipulated tubing, smooth weld compact race design, integrated headset
FORK: Allez carbon, carbon fiber legs, aluminum crown and steerer
HEADSET: Cage bearings integrated w/ headset, 20mm of spacers w/ top cap
STEM: Specialized Elite-Set, 3D forged alloy, 4-position adjustable, 4-bolt 31.8mm clamp
HANDLEBARS: Specialized Comp Ergo, 6061 alloy
FRONT BRAKE: Shimano Tiagra
REAR BRAKE: Shimano Tiagra
BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano Tiagra STI, flight deck compatible
FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Tiagra
REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Tiagra
SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Tiagra STI, flight deck compatible
CASSETTE: Shimano HG-50, 9-speed, 12-25t
CHAIN: HG-73
CRANKSET: Shimano Tiagra
PEDALS: Shimano SPD R540
FRONT WHEEL: Kinetic K1 Deep section Aero
REAR WHEEL: Kinetic K1 Deep section Aero
FRONT TIRE: Schwalbe Ultremo R.1
REAR TIRE: Schwalbe Ultremo R.1
SADDLE: Body Geometry Rival road, w/ Cr-Mo rails
SEATPOST: Carbon wrapped, two-bolt clamp, 27.2mm

Comments

• Twilheimer
    Twilheimer Posts: 189
    Really nice! Those wheels transform it. Also, nice bar tape! Keep up the upgrading!

How do you find the tiagra stuff? It'd be great to know how much that all weighs too.

Cheers!
  • leeroy72
    leeroy72 Posts: 330
    Nice wheels mate....I love the swirly bar tape...class.... :P
    Find your limits...and then exceed them frequently
  • brin
    brin Posts: 1,122
    Lovely looking bike, spoiled, imho, by that huge TT water bottle your'e using.
  • topmoxy
    topmoxy Posts: 138
    brin wrote:
    +1
  • wayneabs
    The Tiagra is ok, they downgraded from Shimano 105 from the previous years Elite model but that was a £1000 bike so can't really argue. I need to make a few adjustments as not all the gears appear to be working as well as they should be.

Did my first 75 mile ride today, the Essex Castle charity ride. Bike did a grand job of getting me round in one piece!

I quite like the water bottle, plus the bottle and cage cost me under a tenner so can't complain!
  • nice bike
    I did the 50 mile today on my allez sport.
    I got to choice point to do the 75 and the weather kind of put me off (wimp)
  • looking at buying some of them wheels for mine,looks well nice.Are they the white rims or the black ones hard to tell. :shock:
  • billy.
    billy. Posts: 29
    lovely bike.

i've had my eye on a set of them K1's for a while.......

what they like on mate?
  • wayneabs
    I got the white ones for £159.99 which I think was a good deal, they look as if they should cost alot more.

Only done 75 miles on them but they seem very strong and reasonable light for the price. I must admit I struggled to get the damn tyres on them though, but got their in the end. Pleased with the result.
  • Well i got some of them k1 wheels in the end,im well chuffed went down to collect them.Andy from kinnetic is a real nice guy.
  • ACMadone
    ACMadone Posts: 300
    Bar tape is wicked :) Overall nice bike
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Nice bike, but the bar tape....................................................... :shock:
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    topmoxy wrote:
    brin wrote:
    +1

Bought this for my time trial bike - had to bodge another hole to get it to sit low enough - then it bounced out on the A4 - so I'd strongly suggest you get a couple of normal bottles pretty sharpish, and save this one for TT'ing.

Other than that, nice bike - not sure on the bar tape, but it'd probably grow on me!
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • wayneabs
    I've done about 400 miles now and had no problems with the bottle coming out - seems pretty secure. The bar tape got a couple of positive comments from the ladies when I did a recent charity ride :) I would have got white tape again but it just gets too dirty too quick.

Maybe black next time....

What do you think of the K1 wheels so far bushtucker lad?
  • PERFECT just perfect,went down and got some myself.I will put pics up soon.So far 60 mile and loving them. :D Take care.
  • Bill-87
    Bill-87 Posts: 155
    Been looking for some inspiration on my Red bike and i'm glad I came across this, those wheels are getting snapped up!