good morning whores mouths

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited August 2010 in The Crudcatcher
whats on the agenda for this sunday?

im off to the gym, out for a run then a short blast on the bike.

Comments

• jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    wow... bit ealry :lol:

anyway going to sleep in a min, got 3 paper rounds tommorow, then off to the beach
  • Anonymous
    jay12 wrote:

anyway going to sleep in a min, got 3 paper rounds tommorow, then off to the beach

you should be in bed already young man.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    jay12 wrote:

you should be in bed already young man.
    i know i know, i'm sorry, i'll go now :(
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    This Thread should be titled "burning the midnight oil"

Just watched telly for a bit, off to bed as I intend on going to Cannock tomorrow and riding the Monkey Trail..
  • Anonymous
    Heading to bed in a bit, then if it's raining tomorrow morning, I'll have a lie in, then I've got some friends coming over to watch the DH on freecaster.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Good morning!

I'm going to spend more money.

Currently looking at some blue Superstar pedals and grips, some blue chainring bolts, and some orange gear and brake cables.

Also had to cancel my headset order from CRC because the stack height would have been too high (forgot that the headtube on the Mmmbop was 10mm bigger than the 456).

Finding low stack reducer headsets with cartridge bearings was actually quite a task. Strangely though, I've come back to the Superstar one I was looking at to start with.

The plan is to try and tie in the orange with the blue as much as I can, and just hope it dosent look TOO webbo when it's all done.

Spray cans are at the ready though.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Got to run to the shops in the morning, then off to innerleithen with a big pile of tools to shake down the bike, won't have much chance to ride it between now and going away. So if I never post here again it's because the forks fell off or something.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    having just got in, I shall be heading to bed. I wasn't even gonna go out but got a few texts etc. When i wake up again, gonna pop into town and get a new chainset
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Twonk
    Twonk Posts: 17
    When i wake up again, gonna pop into town and get a new chainset
    You should be waiting outside the shop now!
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Grondel wrote:
    When i wake up again, gonna pop into town and get a new chainset
    You should be waiting outside the shop now!

lol, uh no. up way too early
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Well dogs walked, kids are showered so it's toast and a quick blast on the bike, hopefully avoiding all the broken glass left by the mongs last night.
    :x
    Then it's out for a family lunch where too much will be eaten.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Was toying with taking the road bike out but don't think I'll get away with it. Daughters 6th birthday today. All pressies open, off to see Toy Story 3 in 3D this afternoon.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Bacon butty and a cafetiere of Costa Rican. After that it's all downhill today - but not in a nice way. Work. Nine hours and thirty six minutes of work :roll:
    Canyon XC 8.0 '11
    Whyte 19 steel '10
  • stuart_c-2
    stuart_c-2 Posts: 805
    I've recently found myself spending almost all my spare cash on MTB related purchases and I've just decided it's fecking stupid.

I've decided I need to stop mucking about, chucking money down the toilet.....

"I ride to eat"
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Off for a few laps of Bedgebury forest down in deepest Kent later this am. Should get a good 30 miles in and maybe a detour down the new black run if its open :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stuart_C wrote:
    I've recently found myself spending almost all my spare cash on MTB related purchases and I've just decided it's fecking stupid.

I've decided I need to stop mucking about, chucking money down the toilet.....

Done lots and lots of overtime this month. Made double payment on the mortgage and still have some spare dosh. Besides, at this price, it would be silly NOT to buy the frame :D
  • Had a fantastic ride out on the Marin today, got some good speed up on certain sections, my lungs felt like the were going to burst out of my chest. Coverd a distace of about 5km XC..... back home, cleaned her up again (although as its bone dry out, not much shit on the bike)

Put away, on here, toying with buying something shiny shiny

Also got my MBUK to read yet, so afternoon of bliss ahead of me.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    morning, another work day, another dollar, 2 weeks without touching the bike too, I've gotta get a couple of rides in this week. i did hit the excercise back last week mind, so my legs still know what they've got to do

2 weeks to go though now til boome festival!!!! Bring on the cacking in a bucket :D:D:D
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    i'm going in search of the longest piece of down hill(s) (Wweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee) single track(s) in all of christendom - and then i'm going to have a (fast) go on them all (WAAHEYY)

get out of my way mofo' red sox - i'm a comin' :twisted:
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    ....and i've changed tyres for the job
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    edited August 2010
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Off for a few laps of Bedgebury forest down in deepest Kent later this am. Should get a good 30 miles in and maybe a detour down the new black run if its open :)

Can you let me know if the black run is open? Ta :P
  • gazderry wrote:
    morning, another work day, another dollar, 2 weeks without touching the bike too, I've gotta get a couple of rides in this week. i did hit the excercise back last week mind, so my legs still know what they've got to do

2 weeks to go though now til boome festival!!!! Bring on the cacking in a bucket :D:D:D

I know what you mean, I've not touched the bike (other than commuting) since BRL. Keep meaning to get out, but am lacking motivation. Hopefully, some new shiny bits will solve that :D
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    I've just not really had chance since Mrs G's op, and I also agreed that I'd spend my days off with her over the summer as we get very little time together the rest of the year, and I spend some of that disappearing off on my bike. I'm definately going to hop on it this week though, even if its just an hour fnding something to jump off at our local nature farm
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Up at 10AM as planned... busy making some pasta for a light brunch.
    Then off to Cannock to do the Monkey Trail armed with a 12MP compact camera, I want to photograph the trail, stick the photos on FaceBook and tempt my Bristol and Hampshire based buddies to get their southern a$ses over to Yamyam land and ride at Cannock with me..
  • Heading to bed in a bit, then if it's raining tomorrow morning, I'll have a lie in, then I've got some friends coming over to watch the DH on freecaster.

Didn't know about this, thanks for the heads up!
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    I intended to get out with a roadie club at 9. Unfortunately, my eczema kept me up until 4, so that didn't happen... I'll be going out on the road bike in a bit anyway, just on my own. Later I'll watch the F1 on iPlayer, then maybe go to the pub if any friends are up for it.
  • Anonymous
    WAIH: have you tried soap and water?
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    WAIH: have you tried soap and water?
    Yeah, but they're crap pub companions, so I don't tend to ask them any more.
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Been a busyperson today. So far I've:

Cleaned and polished the Cakemobile.
    Fetteled the NRS & XTC.
    Sorted out the camping stove.
    Sorted out the camping heater
    Purchased lots and lots of camping type foods and Lucazade Sport.
    Washed all the camping eating stuffs (pots, mugs, cutlery etc).

The countdown to SITS has started... :D
  • forcutty
    forcutty Posts: 1,055
    Been a busyperson today. So far I've:

Cleaned and polished the Cakemobile.
    Fetteled the NRS & XTC.
    Sorted out the camping stove.
    Sorted out the camping heater
    Purchased lots and lots of camping type foods and Lucazade Sport.
    Washed all the camping eating stuffs (pots, mugs, cutlery etc).

The countdown to SITS has started... :D

You should have got a BBQ and chopsticks :lol: