Boardman Carbon Pro

chameleon78
chameleon78 Posts: 4
edited July 2010 in Road beginners
Is this bike recommended? Other than cost is there really much difference to a Madone or a Scott CR1 / Addict?

Comments

• pabwal
    pabwal Posts: 90
    Hi not to sure on the others but my team carbon is much lighter than the madone, my mate has one and couldn't believe the difference. i understand the pro is even lighter.

personally i love my boardman and it will do me until i decided to upgrade but thats a tough decision and will be ages before i even think about it.

my team carbon with pedals weighs 17.8lb but it doesnt have stock wheels or chainset.

cheers
    Genius Chronometro TT
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    had a carbon pro. the 2009 model. i stripped it down, the frame weighed 1150 grams and the forks weighed 390 grams. the ritchey wheels weighed 1630 grams for the pair, not amazingly light but with smart component choices the whole bike weighed 15.6lbs. i found the wheels flexy also the front end flexed a fair bit although i must add im nearly 18 stones. i should imagine both the scott and trek have lighter frames/forks and probably stiffer too
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    You could read the reviews ? Boardman always comes out very highly thought of.
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    pastey_boy wrote:
    had a carbon pro. the 2009 model. i stripped it down, the frame weighed 1150 grams and the forks weighed 390 grams. the ritchey wheels weighed 1630 grams for the pair, not amazingly light but with smart component choices the whole bike weighed 15.6lbs. i found the wheels flexy also the front end flexed a fair bit although i must add im nearly 18 stones. i should imagine both the scott and trek have lighter frames/forks and probably stiffer too
    probably isnt a very definitive term, anything will probably flex with an 18 stone rider. im about 13st something and dont notice any flexing anywhere, id say the opposite as in the reviews, if anything the stiffness wont be to everyones taste. ive notched up 1700 miles and the reviews are somewhere near imo.