Good Afternoon

Kitty
Kitty Posts: 2,844
edited July 2010 in The Crudcatcher
What are you plans for the rest of the day?

I'm just trying to do stupid uni work, writing a page on why children should have separate health services, fun fun fun and then being boring and staying in with the bf tonight.

Comments

• projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    I have money burning a hole in my pocket but can't spend any as I'm getting a new chainset fitted tomorrow. There's something called the harbour festival so might be tempted.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    going for a rainy ride along the coast I think. Got up far too late today after a heavy week's work, far too late to go anywhere interesting after I'd eaten and woken up properly.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    just came back from a ride in delamere. was awesome. gonna eat somehting now
  • kaytronika
    kaytronika Posts: 580
    My usual post-ride recovery plan... Years of scientific testing and complex algorithms:

Beer and curry

8)

Kona's looking top btw Jay... I love that your free bike is better than my main bike :lol:
    --
    '09 Carrera Fury
    '94 GT Timberline FS
    '89 Saracen Tufftrax
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    kaytronika wrote:
    My usual post-ride recovery plan... Years of scientific testing and complex algorithms:

Beer and curry

8)

Kona's looking top btw Jay... I love that your free bike is better than my main bike :lol:
    thanks
    :lol:
  • Happy Harry
    Happy Harry Posts: 345
    Early shift at work this morning, got home at 2.00, a very satisfying two hour ride and I've just cooked a couple of very expensive fillet steaks for me and cyberbrat. Just seeing what you lot have done, then I'll mix myself an ice cold, and very tall, gin and tonic and see what I've squirreled away on Sky+.

Cheers me dears.
    alcoholic.gif
    Canyon XC 8.0 '11
    Whyte 19 steel '10
  • spud-face
    spud-face Posts: 120
    overslept this morning and missed my timeslot for a ride. spent the rest of the day lying through my teeth on application forms for menial jobs that I'll doubtless despise should i get. my answers are getting sarcastic now (reason for quitting a job ten years ago? "vicissitudes of youth" :roll: ) so time to clean the house ready for the family visit tomorrow. then early, beerless night so's i can get out for a blast about 4-30 and dodge all the sunday wanderers.
    a gash day all round.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Kids spent all morning screaming, shouting and arguing, and they've spent all afternoon doing the same. As soon as the wife gets back I'm going and not coming back for a few hours.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    Have just started to lose the hangover, probably due to having more beer.

Nipped round to the Offy to get a 4-pack... :)

Just ordering up the last of the parts to finish the Cannondale build (front mech, cassette and chain, and pedals) then going to watch some TV.

Getting up early to go for a blast on the Marin round the local loop about 6:00 (I get to avoid all the chavs with pitbulls etc)

Need a part for the cannondale, that can only be purchased from Germany, small part, 3€ in fact, however the shipping if 15€ :shock: I really need it so am going to have to grit my teeth.....

Then I might have a wank..... :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844

Why do men feel the need to share this with everyone?

In other news, just ordered a kebab.
  • kaytronika
    kaytronika Posts: 580

Need a part for the cannondale, that can only be purchased from Germany, small part, 3€ in fact, however the shipping if 15€ :shock: I really need it so am going to have to grit my teeth.....

Mate, shipping from Germany is gonna take a few days... You'll burst before it comes.
    --
    '09 Carrera Fury
    '94 GT Timberline FS
    '89 Saracen Tufftrax
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    Kitty wrote:

Why do men feel the need to share this with everyone?

Ha ha...... twas a joke (or was it?)

:lol:
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Fitted the worn chain back onto the FS bike and went to Cannock. No gear slip at all, result..
    I am impressed at how well the Cannock trail drains, even after all the rain last night it was damp with a few puddles here and there, but no oceanic amounts of water and mud pits that was accustomed to coming across at Swinley Forest.
    Lots of grip out there today, but I didn't ride as well as I usually do, I felt sluggish and didn't quite have the energy levels I usually do. I blame last night's fish & chip supper! Meh!

There arr two ways to get muddy on weekends, one way is gardening, I much prefer my way. Tomorrow it's the monkey trail..
  • Anonymous
    Kitty wrote:

that has GOT to be a euphemism surely??
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I'm going to be combining both my bikes into one fresh super-bike for my holidays. And then, I'm going to spend the rest of the night fixing at least some of the bits I've done wrong. And possibly throwing some tools around the garage towards midnight. Obviously this process can only be improved by trying to finish off the out-of-date crate of cider I found in the cupboard.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Anonymous
    surely cider doesnt go out of date, it just gets more delicious.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    It turns out that if you don't read the instructions and just assume the XTR crank tool is a self extracting bolt, you get it really really stuck in the crank and end up snapping a screwdriver in it and hurting your arm and eventually you have to grind 2 flats onto it and then use a load of jubilee clips to attach a scaffold tube to a big adjustable spanner then reverse the chain so that you can use the rear brake to stop the crank from turning then lean your whole body weight on it, to get it off.

After that it was all very straightforward. Should have had another can of cider really
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Northwind

Sounds a little Heath Robinson to me.. but if it works!