Oh, good, another patent

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited July 2010 in The Crudcatcher
So, Dave Weagle has been awarded a patent for placing a pivot inline with the rear axle.
What a genius.

In an ideal world, all the bike manufacturers would patent their pivot locations, meaning that it would be impossible to design any new suspension without infringing on anyone else :roll:
[/sarcasm]

Comments

• chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    If companies stopped licensing this stupid crap, nobody would bother with the hassle of getting the patents.
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Allegedly, the musical writers, Gilbert and Sullivan, had to put on a show in the UK - Think it was Pirates of Penzance - and then travel to the USA to put another show on, to fight anyone from nicking it, Copyright etc.

So, it's not a new thing, eg, People nicking others "intellectual property."

I've had a few Einstein ideas...A machine for cleaning swimming pool "scum channels", a Tour De France board game with 3D cardboard Alps, a book that I've half written about Germans stealing gold during WWII, BUT...Like most people, I've never followed them thro.

So, I'm a lazy git then, but the Mrs has been telling me this for 27yrs, lol !
  • Anonymous
    But a pivot location is hardly anything groundbreaking is it?
  • Anonymous
    But a pivot location is hardly anything groundbreaking is it?

depends on if its on a chainstay or not