RockShox Recon 335 sl Water or oil inside?

Tomzic
Tomzic Posts: 46
edited July 2010 in MTB general
Cleaning my bike today when i pushed down on the front suspension, i heared a water noise, so i shook the bike and still a water noise. Is it oil? or do i need to strip it and get the water out.

Tom.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    there should be oil in there
  • Tomzic
    Ok, cheers mate, so if their is oil in their, what it do? for one tube pressure, or to lube everything up, and how ofter should i change it?
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    Most forks make a sloshing sound upon compresion, it's simply oil moving through valves etc. Should be fine
  • handon94
    handon94 Posts: 137
    should be fine probably just oil, just keep an eye on it for a bit :)
    diamondback LS02
    giant talon 2 -http://s867.photobucket.com/albums/ab236/handon_2010/?action=view&current=Photo0069.jpg&newest=1

"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    Tomzic wrote:
    Ok, cheers mate, so if their is oil in their, what it do? for one tube pressure, or to lube everything up, and how ofter should i change it?
    Read up about suspension damping.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Tomzic wrote:

you will need to have a look on the web for the manual for your particular fork, this will give you the details for how and when to service your suspension.

the oil has a few jobs usually, it will lube the fork to keep it running smooth and it will be used to control the action of your suspension. if you didnt have damping your fork would pogo around with no control. the oil will pass through a number of relatively simple valves in order to slow the fork action during compression (squashing down) and rebound (returning form being compressed).

depending on your fork you can alter these settings externally.

what is your fork?
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    what is your fork?
    I'm no expert, but I reckon it just might be a Rockshox Recon 335 SL. ;)
  • Tomzic

what is your fork?

Rockshox Recon 335 SL ;)

Thanks for that info mate.