That's why we don't let you out.

Kiblams
Kiblams Posts: 2,423
edited July 2010 in The Crudcatcher
I think this is me losing my rant cherry in the Crudcatcher :?

I was at a traffic light today and a rather chubby child (13 years old-ish) and he went to cross the road as there was not a car in sight only to be shouted at by what I can only imagine was his mother "Don't cross the road, look at the red man!"

Now that bit could be taken as an over cautious mother teaching her teenager to only cross when there is a green man, a little paranoid for my liking but nothing unreasonable.

Then I heard the other woman who looked to be the grandmother and she said the following words: "this is why we don't let you out" :shock:

Is this modern parenting? as I can't help thinking he is on the chubby side through no fault of his own, but that of his guardians. Made me think is all, so I thought I would share.

That is all.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Kiblams wrote:
    the other woman

id like to have a go on her.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Kiblams wrote:
    I think this is me losing my rant cherry in the Crudcatcher :?

I was at a traffic light today and a rather chubby child (13 years old-ish) and he went to cross the road as there was not a car in sight only to be shouted at by what I can only imagine was his mother "Don't cross the road, look at the red man!"

Now that bit could be taken as an over cautious mother teaching her teenager to only cross when there is a green man, a little paranoid for my liking but nothing unreasonable.

Then I heard the other woman who looked to be the grandmother and she said the following words: "this is why we don't let you out" :shock:

Is this modern parenting? as I can't help thinking he is on the chubby side through no fault of his own, but that of his guardians. Made me think is all, so I thought I would share.

That is all.
    she's kinda right, this is learning the easy way. he could learn the hard way by getting knocked over :lol:
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    I'm not allowed out unsupervised...
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    Kiblams wrote:
    the other woman

id like to have a go on her.

She's not a hardtail you know!
  • Mynameisdann
    Mynameisdann Posts: 665
    'This is why you live in the basement'
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    When my kids misbehave when we're out, I've often been heard to say "Don't make me put you back in your cage!"

There is, of course, no such cage. And the kids havent got a fkn clue what I'm talking about when I say it. But for some reason, I find it strangely amusing. :lol:
  • rubins4
    rubins4 Posts: 563
    'This is why you live in the basement'

You know, when you've been 'Fritzled'
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12613038
    Anyway, fk dis, I iz off 4 a ride innit. l8rz peepz